51 coaches online • Server time: 19:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
uuni

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... Your theory is sound.

So you think that any Actions that are forced into a player are not required to be declared? Can you back that up with something from the rules, as they say of Player Actions in p7, LRB6 the following:
Quote:
You must declare which Action a player is going to take before carrying out the Action.

Here the rules define the declaration to be mandatory before the player is allowed to perform any part of the Action. Is there some exception in other parts of the rules that some Actions can be performed without declaration? Although I admit that I do not know the name of the nameless pass-the-bomb Action. Smile
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
Hmm... Your theory is sound.

So you think that any Actions that are forced into a player are not required to be declared? Can you back that up with something from the rules, as they say of Player Actions in p7, LRB6 the following:
Quote:
You must declare which Action a player is going to take before carrying out the Action.

Here the rules define the declaration to be mandatory before the player is allowed to perform any part of the Action. Is there some exception in other parts of the rules that some Actions can be performed without declaration? Although I admit that I do not know the name of the nameless pass-the-bomb Action. Smile

In tabletop interception doesn't automatically happen when it's possible, but the willing interceptor must declare it before the pass roll is made. So the thing leading to this bomb catching and throwing action should be voluntary.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

interception and bomb-throws aren't listed as actions. Even though they are voluntary, they are not in the action list, namely: Move, Block, Pass, Hand-off, Blitz. Other actions out of the game sequence such as pass block, shadowing, etc. don't need to roll BL.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

This has drifted quite a bit from the original bug report. I'd still like to see those bugs in the Bug Report System, please.
uuni

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Kalimar. Perhaps the discussion about the Bombardier/Bloodlust combination can be moved to some other part of the forum or to talkfantasyfootball.org or left alone. Sorry to bother.

Thank you guys for good work with the FFB-client.
Uomotigre3

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
Uomotigre3: could you do me a favor? Please split this up into separate bugs and put them into the Bug Reporting system so I can tick them off one by one. Thank you.

sure, I will !! just after dinner btw Very Happy
Uomotigre3

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ok done, I did not report the 4th point since it looks like I screwed it up. Regards and thanks again for your impressive work Shocked Shocked
Uomotigre3

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have just tried to blitz and use ipno gaze but this time it did not work and when I tried to bite a trall was carried out successfully. stand up and use gaze failed again unfortunately.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Off-Topic

zakatan wrote:
Tentacles description state that if you fail to exit the tz due to tentacles the action ends immediately, so no pass, hand off or blitz-block after failing to escape the tents.

As for the bomb+bloodlust, vampires do not declare the action, so there is no immediately after declaring an action moment to roll for bloodlust.

Just a thought, a Vamp that is stuck on sticky tentacles and fail his BL roll. Shouldn't the tentacles be stronger than his lust to go feed on a spectator? And thus forcing him to stay on the field.
Uomotigre3

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2010 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like injury rolls for tralls, due to blood lust, are not made during block action only.
Podfrey

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

One more to add:

Turn 5, first half. I failed a Bloodlust roll, blitzed with the vamp, ran into the end zone and bit a thrall (who was outside the end zone). It took a few seconds, but then it acknowledged the score. However it wouldn't allow me to select any of my players (I was down to 10) to set up for the kick with
Podfrey

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Stick another one on the list:

Declared a Pass
Failed Bloodlust
Went for it to stand next to a Thrall
Bit the Thrall
Clicked on target receiver
Went to opponent to choose to intercept (selected "Yes" - only one interceptor)
On my side it still had "waiting for opponent to select interceptor" and we couldn't proceed
Carnis

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Uomotigre3 wrote:
I tried to use vamps and tons of bugs appeared on second half of this match

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3045318

1)Failed Blood Lust give the chance to choose which trall will be hurted but sometimes no injury was rolled
(2nd half: 2nd turn and 3rd turn)

2)Not able to stand up performing move action and then use ipno gaze
(2nd half:4th turn)

3)Able to use ipno gaze in the same action with blitz
(2nd half:3rd turn)

4)Start a pass action, fail Blood Lust roll, move 6 square toward a trall then no possible to pass the ball to anybody
(2nd half:6th turn)

Hope this hints will be usefull, keep working, awesome job Very Happy

edit: Apparently this was a bit older than one would expect, my answers are outdated Wink. Fixing them out now..

Last edited by Carnis on %b %21, %2010 - %12:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Carnis

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucifer wrote:
Stick another one on the list:

Declared a Pass
Failed Bloodlust
Went for it to stand next to a Thrall
Bit the Thrall
Clicked on target receiver
Went to opponent to choose to intercept (selected "Yes" - only one interceptor)
On my side it still had "waiting for opponent to select interceptor" and we couldn't proceed

We've had that happen too, with my vampires vs Billbrasky's Chaos Pact, but this is not related to vampires because it happens whether or not you fail the blood lust rolls. This is simply the old intercept bug.

This is not a gamefreezer however, the intercept bug prevents the interceptee from clicking the viable interceptor players. The 'fix' is to reconnect, choose not to intercept, and play on.

edit: Checked my replay where this happened, we too had the bloodlust fail before the pass, so they are related!

Last edited by Carnis on %b %21, %2010 - %12:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Carnis

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucifer wrote:
One more to add:

Turn 5, first half. I failed a Bloodlust roll, blitzed with the vamp, ran into the end zone and bit a thrall (who was outside the end zone). It took a few seconds, but then it acknowledged the score. However it wouldn't allow me to select any of my players (I was down to 10) to set up for the kick with

Did you have a secret weapon on pitch? This sounds like the bribe-query not showing.. The fix is again just to reconnect and select to use or not use bribe..

I'm just guessing here, though Very Happy.
 Jump to: