59 coaches online • Server time: 17:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calthor

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2010 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the feedback thread for the Christer Q&A. Leave your praise and discussion right here!

Last edited by Calthor on Aug 14, 2010 - 12:12; edited 2 times in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Reading about Christer's plans for [L] just made me go all anime-girl-twinkly-eyed in anticipation. GLN asked many important questions in that article.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Great news all around from Christer. The League initiatives do seem very appealing.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Great to hear from the big man himself. Really glad to hear league is going to get some attention too, even though I have just started in league I see it as the main source of my games from now on. Excellent article.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I posted this somewhere else, but I can't find it, so;

It's good that the questions have been asked, but I am somewhat underwhelmed by Christer's views;

To know he is even thinking about a possible merger between 'Ranked' and 'Blackbox' is bad enough, but the likelyhood of grandfathered teams in FFB also does not fill me with joy.

However, it is Christer's site and I am very thankful that it is here. Added to which, I am also looking forward to all the changes taking place in 'League'.

I guess the important thing is we move across to FFB as quickly as possible, as we have already lost two thirds of the player base since Cyanides incomplete BB release.
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

a very nice interview
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
...since Cyanides incompetent BB release.

Fixed. Laughing

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever your personal views are I think it's always nice to hear from Christer and what his plans are.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

nin

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

As allways, it's good to know what Christer thinks about the hot topicks of the site, he has a clear view ad it makes sense. After all those 10-20+ page threads, it feels good.
I just hope that, when the time comes, BBox migrates to the new client (or that there is a smoth merging)... many testers are box players.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer always thinks about everything that concerns the site. He might not share his vision with every coach, but he is aware of what is going on.
On topic: Solid interview.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I truly enjoyed the article. Not only did it give at least solid hints as to the long-awaited decision on what is going to happen to the old divisions once FFB is released, it also happens to closely mirror my own feeling on the matter, which I find comforting.

It sounds like whether the old teams that give the site its sense of history matter to Christer, and they will continue onward in some form in FFB. That has been my main concern in all the talks going on: whether the teams I've grown will be allowed to carry on in more than just name.

This interview is exactly the sort of thing that should be the core of the GLN: news and events that matter to the players Smile
pac

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
... likelyhood of grandfathered teams in FFB also does not fill me with joy.

I think some kind of grandfathering system is essential to any future switchover. There will be enough uproar at the notion of no LRB 4 support on the site as it is without telling coaches that their teams will be wiped/frozen.

I know you have a higher turnover of teams than most coaches (I couldn't imagine retiring a time-honoured team like Skruffneks, for instance), but there are many who are very attached to their sides. Is keeping FFB pure worth losing the Hellfish, for example? (Not to mention leagues that will want to switch over to the new system, but will not want to reset their tiered, TR-linked structure.)

When the rules of a rugby code get tweaked a little, teams don't disband entirely, and Blood Bowl teams should be no different.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

uproar for a few weeks,a nd then everyone will get on with building new fun teams.

I say assimilate all, just like the borg. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice to have one pure FFB division. How about [B ]? Give people the option of moving their teams to [R] to avoid a reset.

Also, it might give [B ] bit of a boost if it was the first division to be moved over.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
It would be nice to have one pure FFB division. How about [B ]? Give people the option of moving their teams to [R] to avoid a reset.

Also, it might give [B ] bit of a boost if it was the first division to be moved over.

i could not agree more. Let [B] start from scratch. (i don't care if [B] start later than [R] though)
 Jump to: