41 coaches online • Server time: 11:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2010 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Strong arm helps with ttm. so trees are the most reliable "flingers" in the game from start.
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2010 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Great article i would vote 6 if it was a blog! (Where is the vote pie option?)
drbunny

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2010 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice read. Even after reading it again 2 months later
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2010 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I missed it the first time... Nice to get an inside view of what happened there...

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2010 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

ditto, great read and many people do not realise the personal sacrifice that we can take for granted here, the man should be commended for all his efforts Smile
xyon

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2010 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I loved his interview on 3 die block, and I loved his interview for the GLN. He certainly has been living interestingly, and loves the hobby so much he even created Impact!
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2010 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Technically Tom didn't create Impact. Wink Though it was close Smile

Impact! basically started when Ewan McKerragher sculpted a figure for use with his personal Norse team as a Snow Troll, and posted it on TalkBloodBowl. Such was the quality of the sculpt and a lot of people expressed an interest for Ewan to get the figure cast so I remember speaking to him on MSN at the time and he decided to get a group of guys together to start a company, Tom joined in very shortly after (and I almost ruined it by my unique Irish humour, but we soon got back on the right foot!)

I remember some of the early proposed names (Impact was the first name to be proposed!) but Moonshine Minis, Unity, Bootleg and even Tinpot minis was bandied about! Razz

Most of the people who started up Impact! (Valen, Evil_Git, Ewan, TiMuN) have all left and its now Ramsay McPherson (Norse) who is the sole original member along with Tom, and they recently got a new guy Chris Adkerson (mrinprophet) who I am painting some stuff up for and is a nice guy!
 Jump to: