40 coaches online • Server time: 09:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cthol

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so, i have this stupid deathroller. And it's useless. No CAS from 30 blocks in 3 games. 1 lucky mvp. And I have to blow all my inducements on bribes if I want it to stay on the field.

So, what should I be doing with it? Treat it just like another big guy, with ST7 and no negatrait (sounds awesome...)? But then, it's gone after one drive. Or should I be blitzing every turn to maximise use of Juggernaut and break tackle, which I'm paying for? And how should it be developed?

Answers on a postcard please...
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire it, and buy a deathroller only as a mercenary (with one skill of choice) as an inducement / additional "star player".
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Roll it into a cage with Break Tackle and start fouling after you have the ball.
cthol

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

that would be great if the client supported that... but, given that i have already purchased the thing, and it now has to earn its keep, what should I do with it?
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul with it! After all, it will be sent off anyway...

Oscar Wilde
Reisender

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmm with that thing i would maybe (discuss!) consider to chose to kick first vs e.g. orcs or other slow teams, field it on defence then and own them for a half....

vs quick teams, you want it either to be there during your drive (?) or in opponents drive to force a quick score which is costly for you

well now you have it but in general i would say that the deathroller might be an option on a very high team value, but for new teams the cost of not fielding your most expensive player for more than half the game is just too much
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

field it during your own drive and slowly grind with it so you get 8 turns with the monster on the field. get breaktackle on it and you have a insane cagebreaker
cthol

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

it comes with break tackle Smile
s1nner

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to get rid of it. The death roller is too expensive for one drive a game, especially if it isn't hurting anyone! And as a cage breaker, even with Break Tackle, the roller needs a 3+ to get into a cage. Loner, plus the fact you can only use Break Tackle once per turn makes it unreliable. Its low movement is a hindrance to cage breaking as well.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it. It is a horrible road block. You have been very unlucky with the injury rolls so far. But once it has guard it is horrible. Especially when surrounded by mroe guard and stadfirm which it likely will be sooner or later. It also gives you the chance to do a few fouls before it gets sent off and it is pretty good for sticking on the LOS too.

Personally I wouldn't start with it though because it is already very well skilled as said all it really needs is guard and its complete. It is also so expensive you could get more re-rolls and positionals if you dont have it. Which is the way to go IMO.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Deathrollers arent really there to hurt things.

Having St7 and SF makes it incredibly tricky for opponents to move out of the way. Rather than blitzing into a cage just blitz away one of the corners of the cage and put the deathroller next to the ball. Most teams will get freaked out and be forced to dodge with the ball... not really what they want to be doing.

Vs agility teams you can either force/persaude the early score or use it to maintain control during one of your slow grinds.

Dont forget to foul with it once it gets late in a half. Being an expendable DP is definately a bonus.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
BrianVanLe

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Sod pretty much covers what I have. He is there as a deterrent and late in the drive, foul monster.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2010 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Await a double, grant Diving Tackle, engage and smile. Wink
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2010 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Await a double, grant Diving Tackle, engage and smile. Wink

Aye, dodge and dt are both super imba on a deathroller Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Reisender

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2010 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, omg, he said imba! woot!
 Jump to: