22 coaches online • Server time: 02:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rooke

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2010 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there folks,

I've seen some rumbling as to people wanting to set up a league/tournament for FFB. Well, I figured I'd take a stab at it. Semi-Operational United Pixel Association (SOUPA) would be a small, semi-formal league that I'd like to get going.
It would be intended for fairly casual play, at least until I can determine the level of interest and just how quickly the games can get organized. Of course it would be lacking in the depth that the current 'league' format enjoys, but I'm thinking of this as a test run for when the new client does get converted over.

I would give preference to coaches in a North/South American time zone, though if other coaches who happen to be overseas can consistently meet time requirements they would be considered as well.

Anyone interested in playing for the SOUPA bowl, or perhaps the Cup o' SOUPA (haven't decided which title I'll use yet), can email me at Rooke71@hotmail.com for more info.

The intention would be to start with completely rookie teams, and the team selected could not play in any other games until the SOUPA season is complete.

If you want to email me, include your Coach name on fumbbl, the team name and race you'd like to submit, and your location. Space is going to be limited as I'm trying not to bite off more than I can chew. I'd like a minimum of 8 teams, and prolly max at 16.

Thanks for your time,
-Rooke

PS- Deadline for team submission is October 1st.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2010 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i think you might want to wait until post beta.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2010 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

There's no problem running a pseudoleague using FFB, just have to update things manually, and make sure teams keep to league games and don't go play everyone else in the middle of the league.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2010 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Shraaaag's got the idea exactly. It's strictly a pseudo league. It's a little extra bookwork on my part with monitoring everyone and making sure they follow the league guidelines, but that's also why I'm aiming for a small league as a trial.

I currently have 4 submissions for teams and need at least 4 more (up to 12 more) to get this done. Again, my email is above if interested in more details, or you could always PM me as well.

-Rooke
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2010 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Feel free to use my simple league script:
http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~brill/fumbbl/league.php

Just add match IDs, and points for win/draw/loss, and it'll give you a sorted table with teams, and a list of matches.

I'm currently using it for another league (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=627962)

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the help, that could save me some work down the road!
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 01:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Please note that any leagues or tournaments are strictly unofficial. Once the ffb leaves beta stage, the site will not allow player run tournaments. The schedule for this transition will not take into account any possible unofficial leagues people are running.

I'm not saying this to be a buzzkill, but to give you a heads-up in case you decide to go through with this. There also won't be any kind of special support for tournaments in FFB since the staff simply don't have the tools needed yet, nor do I have the time to assist. I'd rather work on making things work and code to transition teams. I'm sure you will understand that.
Rooke

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, absolutely. This is purely intended to be a way to organize a few games and get some coaches together. I wouldn't expect any special attention from the staff, as I'm certain you all have better things to do. As long as I'm not stepping on any toes, it's all good.
Rooke

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2010 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well folks, week one of SOUPA went off with only a minor hitch or two!
All of the games got completed, and one team got beat up to the point of folding up after 1 game!
Results will be posted for this soon, and I will be contacting reserves to see if they still have
interest in joining the league, if they cannot meet the obligations, I will be looking for one more coach
to fill in the empty spot.
Rooke

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2010 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, week two of SOUPA fired off with resounding success! Good mix of teams here with a
pair of dark elf teams, two necro teams, two orc teams, and undead and an elf team all
in the mix. This week saw a lot of parity come into play, with each coach now having at
least one point on their record! A fair bit of blood out there too, with 17 Casualties
recorded, with at least 4 of those being deaths (with a couple of other players likely
to be retired).
Week 3 is now underway, as the race for playoff standings start to take shape, good
luck to all of the participating coaches!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2010 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The SOUPA league has been great fun so far. Thanks for organizing this Rooke.
BrianVanLe

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2010 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I missed this the first time around, I'd love to get in on this.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2010 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

how many weeks are you planning this season to be? and i already expressed my interest in joining next season
Rooke

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2010 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

There are 7 weeks of regular season, and 3 of playoffs. Week 3 is wrapping up shortly.
The next season will start under the warning that it might be cut short if all of the
teams are purged when the client undergoes the transition. But great to hear of the interest,
and if the teams do get wiped after the transition, it's likely we'll just fire up
from scratch and do it all over again!
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2010 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds good keep me posted
 Jump to: