37 coaches online • Server time: 18:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
plutonick

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2010 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I am new to Fumbbl, having migrated from Cyanide's game. However the interface scares me, so I am trying to get an academy match first.

No luck.

I tried Irc, I tried Gamefind, I tried both.

If you see me on IRC, please talk to me for an academy game. Usually I am on gamefind too. I am the only guy on, with an academy team.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2010 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! Good luck with finding a match. If you haven't yet, play a stand alone game. It helps a lot. Academy is a bit dead I'm sorry Sad I'd suggest getting a ranked game and asking for a friendly coach to take it easy with you for a first game. Hope you have a good time!

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2010 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd suggest you to move directly forward to the new client.
There are more coaches there and it is also non-competetive.
Only thing is that teams there are going to be reset...
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2010 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy, and welcome to Fumbbl!

I would suggest creating a Fantasy Football team instead, which uses the new client and LRB6/CRP rules, which are closer to the Cyanide rules (LRB5). There is nothing to install as the java app for the new client loads automatically, and it will eventually replace the old client so you might as well get used to it. (And it is easier to use.)

If you put your team on the gamefinder you can arrange a game in IRC with someone willing to play to help you learn. As the client is in beta it shouldn't be an issue getting a learner game with an FFB team.

Good luck!

Edit: Ninja'd by Jester!
I disagree on it being non-competitive though. I suggest asking specifically for someone to teach you rather than try and pound your team. Wink
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2010 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome and good luck.

I think site traffic is so low currently that you're best going straight at FFB as others have said.

By the time you're a pro, I've no doubt we'll be back at a level where you can help newcomers in Academy.

May all your rolls be 6, unless you face me. Wink
On1

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2010 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say the same, make an FFB team Smile

Just keep in mind, that at some point the teams will probably be deleted, when the client goes official! Smile
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2010 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Once you got the basic going (can be learned in a stand alone game) the 145 Club (L) is a good place to start.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

THanks for your suggestions. I did find a match in the academy after all. Fun times. Need some time to get use to the interface tho!
I am going to make a FFB team shortly!
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

welcome to fumbble. if il see you around im always upp for acadamy games to help new people
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

one thing to note about FFB vs Academy

Academy is a division explicitly for training, and the people involved in it are there to help, or to learn...

FFB(and Ranked/Blackbox/any other division for that matter), is not a training division, and despite FFB being in beta development, it has people who treat it as a competitive division...if you get offered a match, take care as to who you play against...there are plenty of coaches on here who are more than willing, and wanting, to take advantage of a coach who is still learning the ropes...

on that same token, though, to not be a total pessimist, there are a lot of coaches here who are equally willing to help people learn the game, and welcome you to a great community...

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: