12 coaches online • Server time: 05:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lindon

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2010 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I heard that GW published around 2000 the Blood Bowl Companion 3. This booklet contained the rules for Breton players and Treemen Teams.
Is there any way to get a copy of these rules?
Does anyone know where to find them on the net?
Kinks

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2010 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm...

Is that them (in French)?

http://www.francebloodbowl.com/roster.php?a=1&Id=29

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2010 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

On this page there is another bretonian team.

But there is no official rules, so there might be other variations out there. Or you could just use regular humans and call them bretonians.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2010 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I would have liked to try the Bretonian team...it was approved by the BBRC, but not by Jervis, but I believe it is being used in many leagues outside of fumbbl. Too bad we can't get them here. =(

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2010 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, Bretonians, not French hicks .

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2010 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Were_M_Eye wrote:
On this page there is another bretonian team.

But there is no official rules, so there might be other variations out there. Or you could just use regular humans and call them bretonians.

Yup that is the one that people are using these days.

0-16 Linemen 40,000 6 3 2 7 Fend G ASP
0-4 Yeomen 70,000 6 3 3 8 Wrestle GS AP
0-4 Blitzers 120,000 8 3 3 8 Block, Catch, Dauntless GS AP

0-8 Re-roll counters: 60,000 gold pieces each.

Star players available for inducement: Dolfar Longstride 150K, Willow Rosebark 150K, Mighty Zug 260K, Zara the Slayer 270K,
Griff Oberwald 320K, Morg 'n' Thorg 430K

Personally I would like to see fumbbl add them to the team list, we already have underworld, pact and slann which aren't truely official either so why not bretons?
It is quite a weak team anyway because of the lack of a big guy, but looks fun.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2010 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Personally I would like to see fumbbl add them to the team list, we already have underworld, pact and slann which aren't truely official either so why not bretons?

Because the others were approved by the BBRC, unlike the Bretonnians.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2010 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

As I understood it they were approved by the BBRC just not JJ. But I think I read that somewhere on the web so it could be wrong.
Lindon

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2010 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, these 2 roster are interesting. Have a look at http://www.blood-bowl-miniatures.de/ for those who understand german Smile
In the Game History you can find a list of magazines that where on the market.
I´m looking for Blood Bowl Companion 1-3, these wher published by GW and Fanatics.
Here you can find the original rules for: Treeman and Dryad teams, Bretonnians, Pumpwagon and Doom Diver
How ever they never made it into the LRB. So you can say they where published by GW but never made official.
Houserules I found several, I would like to have a look into the original rules for these team.
Does anyone have an idea?
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2010 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The bloodbowl magazines was articles written mainly by fans, collected by GW and released.
They were not that balanced at all, also they were made for a different ruleset. If you would like something to play with for the latest rules, i recommend the roster from plasmoids site.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
As I understood it they were approved by the BBRC just not JJ. But I think I read that somewhere on the web so it could be wrong.

Galak gave the roster a thumbs up when he made bretonians available for use in the MBBL. However, this was intended as a gift to certain players rather than a permanent addition to the league. As far as I know Galak hasnt actually expressed a desire to include the team in an official version of bloodbowl. It certainly hasnt been approved by the BBRC.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
Garion wrote:

Because the others were approved by the BBRC, unlike the Bretonnians.

If this is true we should add them to Fumbbl for Ranked play in FFB. I would support that.
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Garion wrote:

Galak gave the roster a thumbs up when he made bretonians available for use in the MBBL. However, this was intended as a gift to certain players rather than a permanent addition to the league. As far as I know Galak hasnt actually expressed a desire to include the team in an official version of bloodbowl. It certainly hasnt been approved by the BBRC.

I added them to the MBBL as a thank you to Plasmoid for all his work on the LRBs. The team was never voted on by the BBRC. So any mention that they were BBRC endorsed is inaccurate. The only time a Brettonian team was voted on by the BBRC was back when the BBRC was creating LRB 1.0 and the vote came back No for the team to be official (and that was back when you just needed a majority vote by the BBRC for a rule to happen).

The only teams to new teams that are not in the CRP that were approved by the BBRC (including JJ) are the Slann, Underworld, and Chaos Pact. Please note as this is critical ... EVEN JJ voted to add these 3 teams to Blood Bowl. The only reason they are not in is that JJ's boss said he could not add them to the rulebook. To my knowledge there has never been a team voted and approved by all the BBRC members and then veto'd by JJ.

Galak
maysrill

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

From what I've gathered in bits and pieces and hints, once the next round of changes to League allows organizers to customize rosters, you might be able to use your own FUMBBL/Houseruled versions.

The Breton team Garion lists looks like fun. Not "good" in the traditional sense, but Brettonians were always good for fluff. Smile
fly

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd like to see them as well as old world teams available for play in ffb.

Jump to: