36 coaches online • Server time: 01:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all

As of recent I have began playing a lot of games over the new Fumbbl beta Lrb6 client, and I must I am really enjoying it. It is quite refreshing over the Cyanide version, partially due to the ease of set up, the lack of disconnections and particularly having access to all of the new races. Not to mention the lack of mass Dorfs.

However, considering that I have a few teams, reasonably, developed as of now, I have heard that that the beta teams will be reset once the final version is released? I am wondering if this indeed will be the case because, well , it would be nice to know rather than investing all this time playing games with my teams only to have them gone in another month or so.

Don't get me wrong. I am aware that it is indeed a beta. However since the teams are still being developed through a mostly non buggy client and through fully legitimate matches like regular teams,I wonder if a reset would even be necessary, if this is even the case.

Would anyone have any idea if this is just a rumour or be able to confirm ?

Cheers
Wolbum
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Expect the teams to be reset, I can not guarantee it, but as far as I know it will happen.
Emeyin

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm hoping not but you never know. I have two teams fully committed (over 70+ games) but, at this point I love the new client so much that it's hard for me to play on the old client. I'd rather play even if it will get reset. Personally, if the lrb 4 teams will be converted I don't see why the beta teams should get reset. That's just imho.

I know most people don't follow the Ranked rules for finding matches (I do, though) in FFB since it's Beta but honestly I don't care. These things have a way of working itself out.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

using the proper forums is fundamental

--j

ImageImage
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My apologies Shadow, I totally missed the FFB section. Thanks for moving it. Ah cheers Woodstock, ah well I guess I can get a few more practise matches in till the full version is released. I appreciate the reply.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I look at it like this, i play to have fun, teambuilding is a part of the fun, but if my beta-teams get wiped, i at least had fun with them before that and can try to improve my record with new teams in the division.

It is like getting players killed, it will happen, so get used to it, but enjoy even the games where half of your team gets mauled.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

yep, although considering this is the 4th or 5th thread asking for it not to happen, I'd be surprised if it happened any time soon. Meanwhile, can we just not post a new thread about it weekly and accept that big C has decided not to issue a statement about it anytime soon Wink?
Evilo

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Right now, I almost exclusively play LRB6 simply because the ruleset is so much better, even if the client is still somewhat buggy. I agree with Emeyin completely, and I really hope that I can keep my teams. If everyone starts from scratch okay, but if ranked teams get converted, I don't see why the current FFB teams should be deleted. It is not like we put any less effort into creating and managing those teams then people put into their ranked teams.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Three reasons I play FFB (in no particular order):
1. To test it out and find bugs
2. Get accustomed to the new client and rules
3. Have fun

I probably would play it more if I knew I could keep the teams, it's such a big improvement to the old client.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that there are known bugs that are possible to abuse to save your players and gain benefits from it.
On top of that, there is no rules that enforce the division to be competative.

My suggestion to fix this would be to start to enforce competative rules and a way to report bug abusage on this division from a certain date and when the client goes live, all teams that haven't played at least 5 or 10 games under those rules, will get deleted, while the ones that had their last games under real circumstances would be allowed to continue.
Sabaudiensis

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

they are just pixels !!!

kill them all in the beta and if some survive, reset them all Smile
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion:

Without disconnection and playing rules of normal divisions I can't see that all teams of FFB are valid and there's no manpower or point to go through them all to determine which are built by stuff that'd be cheating in normal play divisions.

The client is however complete enough to start a division with proper rules and nondisconnectable games. FFB Blackbox!
On1

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

No please save blackbox for when the "testing" is over. I want a fresh box Smile
BrianVanLe

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If the FFB teams get saved, I'm pretty sure when all of this goes live, any teams built in a dishonest manner will get sorted out via natural selection.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:
yep, although considering this is the 4th or 5th thread asking for it not to happen, I'd be surprised if it happened any time soon. Meanwhile, can we just not post a new thread about it weekly and accept that big C has decided not to issue a statement about it anytime soon Wink?

There could be 100 threads.

But what you fail to realise, and what has been demonstrated time and time again, is that Fumbbl is not a democracy. It is C's gig, and it will happen as he wishes it.
 Jump to: