62 coaches online • Server time: 21:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
anferny

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

I just downloaded the java thing and the bb online thing with all the patches..
The game seems to work since it started a human vs ork game, both teams controlled by me..

so obviously I am a beginner, thats why my question is short and simple:

what now !?

thank you for your help, Ill try to read through all sorts of posts here.. maybe Ill get an idea..

edit: ok I just realised that at the bottom of the 'rules' page there is an accept button Wink
- so now I have created my orc team (?the?) 'B31dL BoYs' in the 'ranked' division
lets see what I manage to figure out next Wink
Prinz

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:
That might be a good place to start.

The idea is that you create your own teams on the site and play them against other people.
Going into irc and joining #fumbbl and #fumbblacademy is a good place to find games and get help.
#fumbbladmin for any rules related questions/issues.

I do like your avatar though Smile

Addendum: Please make sure that you've actually read the rules before you click accept. It saves us a whole lot of grief Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The site is in transition at the moment, there is currently a new client being developed for the new rule set for bloodbowl, this will go live on the 15/01 there is little point in creating teams in the academy division at the moment because most people are waiting for the new client to be finished. So for the time being it will probably be best to just dive in the deep end and play some games in the proper divisions

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL !

First and foremost, I strongly suggest you ask on the chat for help. People are always ready to help new coaches there.

To get a game, you need to create a team first - click on the "Home" button and you'll see your personal page, then click on (create a new team). Historically [A] division was where new coaches would play, but there is not many players left there at the moment, so you're better off creating a team in [R] (which is the main competitive division). (Also, in only a few days, we will update FUMBBL to the latest rules, and with a brand new client ! Where you'll have no need to re-download bb online things, it launches itself automatically. It will be launched in the [B] division (which is the second competitive one) in 4 days I think.)

Once you have a team, you need to find a game ! For that, assuming you're in [R], just point your mouse on "Game" at the upper side of the page, you'll have a drop-down and you can select gamefinder. You'll see a list of teams there, searching for a game. Put your team on Gamefinder ("add team") find a reasonable match, and ask the coach if he wants to play (you can use either private messages or IRC, but I strongly suggest IRC). Tell him you're new ; he'll probably help you setting up the match that way, and it's alays a nice thing to say anyways, in case you do a mistake Smile

To set up the match you'll need to agree on a server (sweden1, 2, 3, 4 or Australia 1 iirc) and a game name ; once this is done, go back to your personal page, click on the "play" link next to your team, a pop-up will appear ; enter the chosen server and the game name and click on "launch as server" or "launch as client" depending on who hosts. Aaaand then - Play !

All this is a bit complicated true, but we're going to have another client very soon, so it will be much easier to set a game by then. You can see what it looks like by creating a team in the [F] division - but be warned, since it's only a betatesting division all teams in that division will be deleted in 4 days when it will officially be launched.

I hope I wasn't too obscure and that this helped a little ! Going to sleep now, i really should. Ugh.
Greedy

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index <-- user guides

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely learn the new client, at this juncture. Welcome here!

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for your quick replies!
yes, i have created an orc team in [r] and started by spectating.

@prinz - my players names are all ufc guys so i gues i had to go with the logo Wink

so i think the next step is irc then.. havnt had that on my pc since the good old counter-strike times Wink

is the bottom line that is makes sense to wait until the 15th to get started?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The bottom line is that if you are fumbbling around learning the basics, do it in a division that uses what will soon be the new client and in which all your fummbling teams will soon be wiped (when the regular divisions transfer over to using the new client.

EDIT:: If you are starting by spectating, you are miles ahead of most of us! Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy okay thanks Very Happy

well as mentioned i started my team in 'ranked' now, but i guess then ill just wait and regroup as soon as the new client is here..
On1

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

This means you can create a temporary team and when choosing division, pick "Fantasy Football"

Just remember that it is a temporary team that will be "deleted' (on the 15th of January) But as Macavity stated above, it will allow you to become familiar with it, before it goes open in 4 days.

The download of that client will start automatically when you attempt to start a game.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

You can create FFB teams now. They will just stop existing in a few days. Since there is no harm done, and that is the format you will need to work with in the future, try a few games there!

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

anferny, i sent you a message explaining how to do it Razz
Prinz

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2011 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

anferny wrote:

@prinz - my players names are all ufc guys so i gues i had to go with the logo Wink

Lesnar broke my heart when he turtled up and let cain pound him out :/

anferny wrote:

so i think the next step is irc then.. havnt had that on my pc since the good old counter-strike times Wink
?

If you don't want to use mIRC, you can also use the java applet chat from the Community menu.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2011 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Prinz wrote:
you can also use the java applet chat from the Community menu.

For me java applet didn't work, i can't even start with this, maybe it's after firefox updates.
I have Hydra.irc as many coaches here, and i don't complain on it.

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2011 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

java works fine.

Jump to: