81 coaches online • Server time: 22:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
did you prefer to play with (not against) the old or new khemri
Old
42%
 42%  [ 64 ]
New
21%
 21%  [ 32 ]
Pie
35%
 35%  [ 53 ]
Total Votes : 149

HLY

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

now, this isn't supposed to be a flame war thread, so please don't start it.

it's more of a question of peoples preferences between the old lrb4 Khemri team, or the newer FFB one.

Both teams have their own strength's and weaknesses, the old one having really cheap lino's and the nastiest bahser ingame - the new team hitting softer, but is overall faster

On an unrelated note - should undead still have mummies while Khemri don't? I didn't know if it's intentional, or just a non-updated roster
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

prediction: by the time this thread ends, the old khemri will no longer exist.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer to play against the new khemri. Wink
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

You have (on the one hand) a poor team that can at least dish out some hurt and occasionally entertain through pain. On the other, a poor team with that mechanism removed, relying on some more MA in place of MB and the removal of the eye.

Pick your poison, but I really hate the change, in this case. Norse and Nurgle, hurrah, Khemri was a fail.
studmandudebro

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

lrb4 khermi

TAKE ur shirt off wave it around like a HELICOPTER

new khermi

ruh roh shaggie
asharak

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Old khem could actually play without fouling even. OK, not much, but slightly as they had a reasonable bash-game. I played my DP-less Khem very poorly but still managed a positive ratio.
New khem arn't all that bashy, certainly arn't bally so basically need to exploit the new fouling mechanic to the limit to have a chance. Not fun. Or maybe there is something I'm missing?

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

asharak wrote:
Old khem could actually play without fouling even. OK, not much, but slightly as they had a reasonable bash-game. I played my DP-less Khem very poorly but still managed a positive ratio.
New khem arn't all that bashy, certainly arn't bally so basically need to exploit the new fouling mechanic to the limit to have a chance. Not fun. Or maybe there is something I'm missing?

i thought khermi win ratio was based on skulls and the size of ur skull throne??!?!?
blader4411

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If this isn't meant to be a flame war, I think the topic shouldn't have been so hot Razz

But on a related note, I much prefer to play against new Khem. In the past the game was "can I keep my Mummies and DPs dominating?", now Khemri coaches need to actually think with their head, and not with their boots.

-Blader
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, new khem are rather fael. what is their point, really?

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely you need a separate poll option for LRB4, LRB5 and Crp Khemri as they are all different.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

can an admin correct que spelling of the topic in this thread?

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Surely you need a separate poll option for LRB4, LRB5 and Crp Khemri as they are all different.

Most coaches wouldnt know what the LRB5 roster actually is.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
justagigolo

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Jacking the price of the skeletons up 10k, removing general access from the mummies, removing mighty blow from the mummies, and then adding decay on top. Khemri went from a competitive but deeply flawed team, to a team that is just deeply flawed and not fun enough to be considered a fluff team like flings or gobs. It is one of the few things that I don't care for in the new rule set.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I've never played with an old or new Khemri team, neither have I played alot against them. I always perceived them as a one-trick team. The change didn't improve that. Both the old and new Khemri are IMO equally boring. But this isn't a thread about which teams I think are boring or exciting. As I understand, the 'nerf' of fouling, end of aging and certain other crucial changes (sometime between lrb4 and CRP), made mummies almost overpowered. Maybe they overcompensated when they removed MB and G access, and added decay. Still 4 5str players is still awesomesauce.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

me likes the thick skull skellies!
 Jump to: