44 coaches online • Server time: 19:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Correct call, if you ask me.

Puts me in a bit of a weird position personally, don't really want to play FFB teams that are going to get deleted, don't really want to play LRB4, and would feel a bit weird about getting some Mummies Block or something before switching.

Hurry up and finish the FC! I shall await the launch before I play any more open BB.
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish I knew how to get images to show here. I'd put a picture of a sad panda here because I imagine that the emotions those pandas are going through mirror my own right now.

Please just make the wipe as soon as possible so I can get back to playing as I guess the FBB gamefinder is going to pretty empty.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope that Blackbox transferring to FFB before Ranked will help make the new Blackbox the default division here.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

There are no [B]-teams left in the FUMBBL-Cup anyway, thus it would seem that the bottleneck right now is the client itself.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Correct call, if you ask me.

Puts me in a bit of a weird position personally, don't really want to play FFB teams that are going to get deleted, don't really want to play LRB4, and would feel a bit weird about getting some Mummies Block or something before switching.

Hurry up and finish the FC! I shall await the launch before I play any more open BB.

Hurry Hurry!
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Great news!

This is the bottleneck atm: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs

It puts a lot of people in a weird place, and I think it already shows on the ratio of coaches on FFB vs R gamefinder, but too early to say of course.
BooAhl

Flix wrote:
A part from the number of games, i think Fumbbl will missed a very great chance to merge Ranked and Blackbox into One.

I think it is not a problem of balance to have Box-, Ranked- and Tournement-Games with one team in one division. Make it easy and dont make two main divisions like we currenty have Blackbox and Ranked. We see many players love Tournaments and Blackbox, but they cant do it both with the same Team.

Agreeing! Why do we need [R]anked? Give me a reason?
ColonelSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Thanks for the update.

I'm sad that the FFB teams won't transfer, but please, please let LRB4 die. Please don't split Fumbbl.

Thanks again for all you do!

NO WAY!!

Ski junkies client is still better for me and i think there are people out there that will agree and if they get rid of that you might lose alot of players.

FFB client seems to be predictable to me.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not really understanding why LRB4 teams will be transferred, but FFB teams wont be kept. There was a disclaimer stating something along the lines of the FFB division probably being reset at some point, so that isn't really much of a surprise, but I just don't really get what the technical issues or balance issues are which permits LRB4 teams being transferred, but not current FFB teams to remain.

I'd get it if FFB was to be wiped clean entirely and neither current FFB teams nor LRB4 teams would make it into the new FFB divisions, but the split between LRB4 teams making it and FFB not just seems odd. I'd have thought there'd be more issues with old grandfathered teams, both technical and balance wise.

Anyway. I'm sure I'll eventually get back into playing online Blood Bowl when I run out of tears to cry over my poor retired teams, but with the info that seems to be avalible right now, it just seems like an odd choice to not go with either a completely fresh slate for FFB with no kept or transferred teams, or to keep and transfer all the stuff.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
Flix wrote:
A part from the number of games, i think Fumbbl will missed a very great chance to merge Ranked and Blackbox into One.

I think it is not a problem of balance to have Box-, Ranked- and Tournement-Games with one team in one division. Make it easy and dont make two main divisions like we currenty have Blackbox and Ranked. We see many players love Tournaments and Blackbox, but they cant do it both with the same Team.

Whilst I understand the point you're making from a purely competitive point of view; there are a bunch of people (myself included) that like to choose their games. Choosing a game doesn’t mean you have to ‘pick’ in the way we don’t like.

Plus, [R] has been the predominant way open BB has been played onsite, and leads [B] in the numbers for most of [B]’s life. I don’t see any reason why we can’t have both and keep everyone happy; especially if the new client brings the greater volume in games we seem to expect.

[R] is easy enough to ignore if you don't see the competition as fair or important. I've not followed a Major in years!

Last edited by Purplegoo on Nov 14, 2010 - 20:50; edited 1 time in total
strikereternal

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

ColonelSanders wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
Thanks for the update.

I'm sad that the FFB teams won't transfer, but please, please let LRB4 die. Please don't split Fumbbl.

Thanks again for all you do!

NO WAY!!

Ski junkies client is still better for me and i think there are people out there that will agree and if they get rid of that you might lose alot of players.

FFB client seems to be predictable to me.

I highly doubt there are any problems with the FFB random number generator, if that's what you are suggesting here. Surely nothing along the lines of what Cyanide (heh) has experienced recently.
smokingmonkee

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a tad confused on the retired thing with FFB. Does that mean the teams will be retired and we cannot use the team name or will the teams just be reset?
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
BooAhl wrote:
Flix wrote:

Whilst I understand the point you're making from a purely competitive point of view; there are a bunch of people (myself included) that like to choose their games. Choosing a game doesn’t mean you have to ‘pick’ in the way we don’t like.

Plus, [R] has been the predominant way open BB has been played onsite, and leads [B] in the numbers for most of [B]’s life. I don’t see any reason why we can’t have both and keep everyone happy; especially if the new client brings the greater volume in games we seem to expect.

[R] is easy enough to ignore if you don't see the competition as fair or important. I've not followed a Major in years!

Sounds like you want the old [U] division back. Where you could choose your opponents and play. Dont see why these games should be included in any ranking or the teams in Tournaments. You could play Smacks with your [B] team instead.

Maybe a ranked division will have a higher diversity of races. Which is very good.

Sorry for the small rant. I don't really know what my opinion is. Just trying to have on. Maybe it is better with 2 competitive division.

Edit: Read through my post and it looks very confusing. Time for an early bed perhaps?
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome news \o/

And I am glad [B] and [R] are remaining separate. People need to appreciate that different people have different preferences and these 2 divisions each cater for a different (yet equally important) group.
 Jump to: