60 coaches online • Server time: 21:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sair

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Mossbeard wrote:

Hopefully reason prevails and they are all deleted and not relegated to some silly League graveyard to rot.

All I ever play is [L]. Or FFB, I guess.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

TTS wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
pythrr wrote:
magistern wrote:
yeah, being talked down to for making reasonable requests isn't my idea of closure.

who promised you closure?

it's that whole "entitlement" thing again

--j

That thing that everyone in LRB4 has and is getting catered specifically to.

for clarification...LRB4 coaches aren't being catered to...the league has a history of several years on this site...LRB4 is a live rules format with a client that actually works with little to no bugs(save for about the 3 known bugs that still exist)....also [R] is a live division, whereas FFB is a *publicly acknowledged beta division*....

if the roles were reversed, and your precious FFB pixels were around for years, and had the same history that the current environment has....i would expect them to stick around as well...

good deflection though....how's that entitlement working out for you?

--j

ImageImage
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

is that the entitlement for respect from people of all standings within the community? dont see much of that lately......
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, i'm noting a lack of respect from some people, especially towards those who have put years of time into building this community.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Sair wrote:
Mossbeard wrote:

Hopefully reason prevails and they are all deleted and not relegated to some silly League graveyard to rot.

I didn't mean that [L] is a graveyard. I meant that the teams will be tagged as having been beta teams and i am assuming that most competitive leagues will not allow them. This will leave them in a sort of beta team graveyard, better that they are just deleted or reset in my opinion.
Olesh

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Mossbeard wrote:
Sair wrote:
Mossbeard wrote:

I didn't mean that [L] is a graveyard. I meant that the teams will be tagged as having been beta teams and i am assuming that most competitive leagues will not allow them. This will leave them in a sort of beta team graveyard, better that they are just deleted or reset in my opinion.

Why not let the owners of the teams make that decision, though?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

because the owner of the severs considers it better to do it his way.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
because the owner of the servers considers it better to do it his way.

As I stated earlier in the thread, Christer has made up his mind and no discussion is going to change it. What I don't understand, however, is the reasoning some posters offer defending this decision. Thus my occasional continued input into the thread.

So, what are your reasons for disagreeing with my statement?

For reference, my statement was "Why not let the owners of the teams make that decision?" in response to Mossbeard's statement that (paraphrased) because the (hypothetically saved) FFB teams would be in a beta-test graveyard, unable to join any competetive leagues, it would be simply better for them to be deleted/reset.

Since the discussion was referencing a hypothetical in which the teams were being kept, saying what amounts to "Christer said so" is nonsensical as it contradicts the hypothetical entirely.
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Without having to sift through 20 pages, does anyone know if we will be able to retire our lrb 4 teams and create new ffb ones with the same names?

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

lordchaos wrote:
Without having to sift through 20 pages, does anyone know if we will be able to retire our lrb 4 teams and create new ffb ones with the same names?

Not possible. Or at least, this is not something that has to be expected.
TTS

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
TTS wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
pythrr wrote:
magistern wrote:
yeah, being talked down to for making reasonable requests isn't my idea of closure.

--j

for clarification...LRB4 coaches aren't being catered to...the league has a history of several years on this site...LRB4 is a live rules format with a client that actually works with little to no bugs(save for about the 3 known bugs that still exist)....also [R] is a live division, whereas FFB is a *publicly acknowledged beta division*....

if the roles were reversed, and your precious FFB pixels were around for years, and had the same history that the current environment has....i would expect them to stick around as well...

--j

edit-- actually I don't know why I'm keeping this up. I had a big ol contrary argument to the spiel you just put out, but it's a lost cause . Shadow, you are one of the worst people I've ever had the displeasure to talk to in my life. Your arguments are repetitive and you stop at nothing to be a snide, dismissive jerk, and you somehow get away with it because everyone here goes "well that's just shadow!" like it's a sitcom punchline.

Everyone else in the thread: you have been charming. I figured it was worth pleading our case, but I didn't have high expectations, I was just mostly trying to keep the 20 or so odd friends of ours that play here around, since a lot of them are just going to permanently move on to Legendary now that they know all their teams are dead. It's a shame because I really, really like fumbbl's interface, but I obviously like playing with my friends more. Whenever LRB6 goes live I might come back, might not depending on how many of my mates this decision has driven away (don't go, regn D: ). See you guys till then.

PS: enjoy having the last word, Shadow, I've kind of given up on this.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

TTS wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
TTS wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
pythrr wrote:
magistern wrote:

--j

--j

edit-- actually I don't know why I'm keeping this up.

Seriously, neither do we.
Roseph

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2010 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well folks I believe we have come full circle and are now just batting around the same banter Im going to go ahead an lock this one before it gets ugly. Thanks for all the feedback and look for the next issue of GLN coming in Jan.
G G Goberson
 Jump to: