91 coaches online • Server time: 22:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ancre

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
not really sure how this is a "not very common rule"...seeing as how it's in the rulebook under the section "Improvement Rolls -> Characteristic Increases" on page 26 in *BOTH* LRB5 & LRB6..

--j

Not everyone learns the rulebook by heart and chants its paragraphs every day heh Wink It's not something you're going to run into often ; and I think you can have MA11 in LRB4 too, so it would explain the confusion. Therefore it's not a rule you're likely to remember all the time, more like one where you'll go "ah of course" when you fall onto it.
Emeyin

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, how often does one roll a double stat that would go over ten? Not usually, unless you play a few of the races that could possibly even do that ie. Skaven, Wood Elves, Halfling. I don't play those races so that would explain why this rule is not so common to me or to some others.
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

what about AV9 teams? they can all potentially get AV11, except for this rule.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

They'd have to take av+ instead of the mv+ for av9 teams to run into that, and av9 teams usually lack in movement so they take the mv+

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Emeyin wrote:
Also, how often does one roll a double stat that would go over ten? Not usually, unless you play a few of the races that could possibly even do that ie. Skaven, Wood Elves, Halfling. I don't play those races so that would explain why this rule is not so common to me or to some others.

nice orcs and chaos you have there, sir...

--j

ImageImage
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I recall, this was a rule back in my 3rd edition boxed set, though Shadow's argument that page 26 rules are more common really doesn't make sense to me.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure he was suggesting it was more common. Just that, erm, it is a rule. And the rules arn't common or uncommon really. They're just rules. Every bit as common as the limit to two above initial stat. Part of the same rule in fact. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

imo...an "uncommon" rule would be one that is a brief blurb that you have to spend 20 minutes scouring the rulebook for....an uncommon rule would *not* be on that is part of the skill advancement section, and is directly underneath the dice roll chart for skill advancement...

--j

ImageImage
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

You know why I love you, Shadow? You'd never bother adding the "h" to "imo" because it's never true!

@Asharak: true, but I'd already said that!

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

As a matter of fact, I meant that it was an "uncommon" rule because it is not very "common" for that rule to come up in general game play. Ancre has it exactly right. Perhaps "common" or "uncommon" are not the right words to use, but you generally do not come across that rule very often.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, i don't disagree at all with the understanding that you don't come across it very often...

my point was more along the lines of insinuating the problem is a glitch, instead of checking the rulebook first....

yes, i get there are glitches in the system, but people around here need to learn to start doing more research into something instead of immediately jumping into false conclusions about everything, or expecting the community to do their research for them...

--j

ImageImage
stej

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Whats all this "rolling" for skills all about? Is this a common rule too?
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, no stat above 10 is a very basic and well known part of the rulebook. Anyone who isny aware of that has no place posting on a blood bowl rules website IMO.

I mean, it would be great if we could blame other people for everything that goes wrong in the world, but surely we must encourage people to accept at least a small amount of responsibility for their own incompetence. Ignorance is not a virtue.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
Well, no stat above 10 is a very basic and well known part of the rulebook. Anyone who isny aware of that has no place posting on a blood bowl rules website IMO.

I mean, it would be great if we could blame other people for everything that goes wrong in the world, but surely we must encourage people to accept at least a small amount of responsibility for their own incompetence. Ignorance is not a virtue.

Oh puh-lease. Stats could go above ten in LRB 4, and this site is still mainly LRB 4. If only people who knew the CRP rules by heart were allowed to post here, this site would be very, very quiet.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Wild animal players still have to move first in CRP, correct?
 Jump to: