17 coaches online • Server time: 06:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
uzkulak wrote:
Well, no stat above 10 is a very basic and well known part of the rulebook. Anyone who isny aware of that has no place posting on a blood bowl rules website IMO.

I mean, it would be great if we could blame other people for everything that goes wrong in the world, but surely we must encourage people to accept at least a small amount of responsibility for their own incompetence. Ignorance is not a virtue.

Oh puh-lease. Stats could go above ten in LRB 4, and this site is still mainly LRB 4. If only people who knew the CRP rules by heart were allowed to post here, this site would be very, very quiet.

I guess that uzkulak forgot to use the sarcasm font...

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a sarcasm font? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
oh, i don't disagree at all with the understanding that you don't come across it very often...

my point was more along the lines of insinuating the problem is a glitch, instead of checking the rulebook first....

yes, i get there are glitches in the system, but people around here need to learn to start doing more research into something instead of immediately jumping into false conclusions about everything, or expecting the community to do their research for them...

--j

Don't spoil it!

Beta testing is so much more fun if you don't actually know the rules. Seriously why do you always have to do this Sad

edit:
RandomOracle wrote:
Oh puh-lease. Stats could go above ten in LRB 4, and this site is still mainly LRB 4. If only people who knew the CRP rules by heart were allowed to post here, this site would be very, very quiet.

No but admit it, beta testing does require that you do know what you're supposed to be testing... or did I get that wrong?

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

No but admit it, beta testing does require that you do know what you're supposed to be testing... or did I get that wrong?

Apparently not, the bug-reports are full of stuff people post up just because they found it strange and as it is easier to post a bug than open your rulebook, thats what people do.
Some have even seen it as a competition about who could report most bugs, having 3 out of 4 bugs being duplicates and invalid.

If people did actually read the rules before posting and confirm that their bugs was possible to duplicate and giving proper explanations to the things that was happening, we might be out of beta by now. But as they like posting so many new bug-reports, they prefer to stay in beta for a little longer so that the devs have to wade through a lot of rubble to find what to fix.
Rolling Eyes
 Jump to: