27 coaches online • Server time: 09:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
AG6: Keep or take some other skill?
AG6: 3+ dodges into cages FTW!
77%
 77%  [ 21 ]
Take Block: Better carrier!
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Take Leap: Add block and strip ball or dauntless or horns or whatever later, bam, cage breaker!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Take some other skill (say below)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Take Pie, reduce agility with fatness and reduce fouling!
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

Enigma179

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

So Muckup just earned himself a skill pushing him to emerging last game. Currently he has guard and +AG (that's right, doubles AND a stat boost), and against all odds he earned himself another AG boost.

Now my question is: Is AG6 really worth it? With AG5 he's enough of a target as is, but I don't know if the extra TV is worth the trouble. With AG6 he can dodge into cages on a 3+ reroll which is nice and all, but I could get him say, leap instead and hop in on a 2+ (Team reroll if needed)... or I could give him block, which I've been meaning to give him for a while, so he can be a ball carrier.

So should I go for AG6 or just stick with a standard skill?

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

+AG for recovering balls from impossible spots. Run in, run out, give to another gutter, TD.
asharak

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

In lrb4 i'd say +AG but in FFB where you are paying twice as much as for a skill i'd rather see normal skills first. Already having guard I'm not too sure what to do with him though. Ideally you want a different player cage-breaking, with him leaping his guard in to assist. However, without a second cage-breaker you'd just be making a sub-par player in the meantime. I'd still be tempted by leap though.... it would make a VERY mobile guard!

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Just realized if I get AG6 I could play super-awesome passing games: My thrower already isn't half bad (Sure Hands, Pass, Accurate, Strong Arm means Long bombs on a 4+ rerollable), but if I get AG6 this guy will long bomb on 3+, so this would be crazily useful. Also a fantastic reciever, still catching on a 2+ in 2 tacklezones. Of course, I would pull off that play a grand total of once before he would have his internal organs ripped out of him by a foul. I wonder if AG6 players make special sounds when they get RIP'd from a foul.

So overall, the most versatile choice would seem to be boosting AG, making him an all purpose ball retriever (3+ pickup in 3 tacklezones), dodger (3+ dodge into a cage, and more importantly can get out of trouble if surrounded), passer (3+ long bombs!), catcher (catching 3+ in 3 tacklezones once more), and assist (guard and the ability to get almost anywhere)

While Asharak's argument is quite true, I personally believe that being able to dodge that well gives me just as much if not more mobility (3+ rerollable is slightly better then 2+ for entering 3 tacklezones for example). Block seems like a realistic choice for keeping him on his feet, although for the most part the roles I listed above won't keep him in possession of the ball for that long.

I think AG6 will be my choice here, but I'll leave the decision until later just in case someone comes up with a better argument. I personally don't think he'll get fouled any more then an AG5 gutter would, and if he dies at least I got a decent chunk of TV back. Although I really hope I can last him until the team-wipe so he can have a nice peaceful retirement.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

imma foul him so hard
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

studman wrote:
imma foul him so hard

quoted for truth (and sense in this mad world of forum comments)
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember that a pass is fumbled on a modified or unmodified 1. So he will either fumble the ball or make the pass on 4+ (3-2=1 for longbomb)
Currently there is a bug where the pass goes to teh target and a turnover happens, but i intend to look into that soon hopefully.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

AG6 and Guard... on a ST2 blockless rat? He will die very soon.