56 coaches online • Server time: 23:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The Cruel Blood Bowl League is a farm league of the Brutal Blood Bowl League. Coaches that are in need of being in a league are welcome to join. The most active coaches will be asked to join BBBL in the next season.
For more rules come here http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=823 and if you like what you see then join us today.
Thank you!
-L

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

3 Coaches recruited in 24 hours, not a bad pace in my opinion, keep joining gents and thank you for being interested!
-L

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2004 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

8 coaches have been recruited in the past 2 days, thank you ver much for sucha quick response, you guys are great, keep coming, still plenty of room.
-L

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to ad there are no restrictions of any kind: Star Players, wizards, all the skills are allowed, PO and DP skills are allowed only if I get alot of complains from other coaches about your sportsmanship and your choice of skills I'll have to pass on inviting you to play in the BIG SHOW so to speak. Just thought I'd let you gents know.
Thank you!
-L

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW How many coaches before we start?

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

We've started already, but its an open end tournament so ppl can join and drop out at any time.
-L

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2004 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Owners playing in the cbbl, I am usally available form 4-6pm and 10pm -1am MST
For any how might want to get in a game
Coach Lo (T3)

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2004 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ludak...I see on the rules sheet that fouls are allowed but "overly aggressive foulers will be let go with out warning" Not to get all "legal" but What The Hell Does That Mean?!? When is a foul "overly aggressive? more than 2 asists? Against a ST2 player? For the 5th time against a Mummy that keeps regenerating? I of course fully understand the right of any league to make whatever rule choices it wants...but if you plan to drop people "without warning" then maybe you should be much more clear in defining what will get them dropped. And why we are discussing it...will coachs be kicked out for Turn 8 kick-offs where the only thing do do is "aggressivly block and blitz with the intent to harm?" Running up the score against a depleted team? Taking 4 minutes to completley cover all 4 player left on the oppisition? There are a lot of ways to be brutal in this game...not just fouling. Think harder before you compromise this most excellent game.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2004 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

ozjesting wrote:
Ludak...I see on the rules sheet that fouls are allowed but "overly aggressive foulers will be let go with out warning" Not to get all "legal" but What The Hell Does That Mean?!? When is a foul "overly aggressive? more than 2 asists? Against a ST2 player? For the 5th time against a Mummy that keeps regenerating? I of course fully understand the right of any league to make whatever rule choices it wants...but if you plan to drop people "without warning" then maybe you should be much more clear in defining what will get them dropped. And why we are discussing it...will coachs be kicked out for Turn 8 kick-offs where the only thing do do is "aggressivly block and blitz with the intent to harm?" Running up the score against a depleted team? Taking 4 minutes to completley cover all 4 player left on the oppisition? There are a lot of ways to be brutal in this game...not just fouling. Think harder before you compromise this most excellent game.

Sure I'll explain:
Like fouling your opponenet away from the ball, or yes during the 8th turn, or fouling without any reason on each and every turn, all of those things have happened to all of us or to the most of us, you know? So thats basically it.
-L

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2004 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

PFFFTTT
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2004 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade wrote:
PFFFTTT

PFFFTTT all you want dood.
-L

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure I'll explain:
Like fouling your opponenet away from the ball, or yes during the 8th turn, or fouling without any reason on each and every turn, all of those things have happened to all of us or to the most of us, you know? So thats basically it.
-L[/quote]

OK...basically you still haven't "explained" anything. Fouling away from the ball??? How far? 1 square...3...5? Why is a foul considered "ok" if it takes place near the ball? Outside of the rarest of occassions where you can't get an open space to the ball I have never seen anyone explain how a foul can be "strategic" or "tactical" (except the obvious that it gets rid of a player on the field) T8 fouls? which half? I would think it could be quite acceptable to foul in the 1st half on T8, say to rid yourself of that Mummy or War Dancer causing havoc against you. 2nd half...well...given the circumstance of the game it could be quite rude to foul from T3. "Fouling without reason"...???...other then "hurt you" what "good" reason is there to foul? (within the scope of this league) If I "Get The Ref" can I now foul every turn? Surely that is the intent of the kick off result. If I get the handicap table result 61 "Bribe the Ref" can I foul every turn until spotted? Surely this is the intent of the result. I only offer this debate to see how people think about the foul rule as a whole. No one ever bans pushing players into the crowd..and the results are the same as a foul (no SPPs, player off pitch etc) In fact the crowd push is RUDER in that an APOTH can't save you if you die! But I assume this is OK under your rules. Again...play it however you want...but if you make an absolute rule that can disqualify a player you really owe it to the integrtey of your league to be VERY clear about what won't be tolerated. Have a great season Wink
skavenboy

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

What are the rules of reporting the game? Also, how are the games "scored"? I've looked everywhere but seen no list of details; I've played 2 games already and they aren't in the standings so i'm obviously doing something wrong. AARGH! I need help.
Munkager

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

dont worry skavenboy, I am sure the league will be updated whenever Ludakk gets around to it. You can send him a pm whenever you finished a game, with the result, and a link to the match report.

Good gaming
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

skavenboy wrote:
What are the rules of reporting the game? Also, how are the games "scored"? I've looked everywhere but seen no list of details; I've played 2 games already and they aren't in the standings so i'm obviously doing something wrong. AARGH! I need help.

Nope you are doing everything fine, I've just been havin probs with my computer lately but I should be back on line in a flash, I'll PM eveyrone about how the matches are scored. And as far as reporting goes all you have to do is PM me who you played agaist etc. Everything will be updated very soon.
Thank you!
-L