23 coaches online • Server time: 03:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2010 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
I am sure the players and their families feel that death is not better than retirement.

Are you indeed?

Maybe they aren't particularly eager to nurse a niggling loser for the rest of their life and prefer to have a good time spending his savings and insurance fees instead. Twisted Evil
Ancre

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2010 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
I am sure the players and their families feel that death is not better than retirement.

Send them your apothecary if they cause you too much trouble.

After all, he killed more people than that claw+mb+po beastman !

( ... so, are apothecaries overpowered ? Very Happy )
f_alk

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2010 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:

You don't know what the players wife and the apo are doing after the match Smile
asharak

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2010 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Grod wrote:
freak_in_a_frock wrote:
What about when zombies and rotters can be raised. Are we then to curse our players to a life of limbo, just because they had the misfortune to break their neck? We should make a stand now!!

Surely from a gaming perspective, it would be just silly to choose "killed" in this case, unless it was late in the second half?

Personally, I think the apoth is one of the main things that LRB5+ got wrong. The apoth should reroll the injury, but you should not get to choose which one. Either live with the original injury or gamble with the apoth. Sadly they chickened out and went with the boring option.

Anyway, getting a player killed is a more glorious way to end it rather than retirement.

Would you have an option to auto-succede apoth on BH then? Or have to risk the 50% shot at getting patched up to get back on the bench? Would make the apoth soley about perma-avoidance then rather than still having tactical value maybe. Not that many people use the apoth to save BH guys, but still Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2010 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Apothecary? Damn it, I thought he was a euthanasiast. I had better reread the rulebook.
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2010 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I really enjoy the mental picture of me sitting on the sidelines, the apothecary running out, then turning back to me and just shaking his head. Slowly, my hand extends, thumb horizontal.

It slowly tilts downwards...

Thank you for this freak. Thank you!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I must admit I did it too. It was just so much easier. thumbs down instead of lots of paperwork. Gladly euthanasia isn't a crime in warhammer world. AFAIK at least Smile. And I'm sure they wouldn't want to live with these injuries either. I promise to do it less in the future. For the environment.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Never thought of apo this way... Great fun.

But, if you play undead or necro (or other resurrecting teams), would it not be immoral to give the opponent a zombie. Is it competitive?
Say you're in a Smack, and some of the teams are running low on players... is it FC (Fumbbl Correct) to "give" your opponent an extra player?

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

DonTomaso wrote:
Never thought of apo this way... Great fun.

But, if you play undead or necro (or other resurrecting teams), would it not be immoral to give the opponent a zombie. Is it competitive?
Say you're in a Smack, and some of the teams are running low on players... is it FC (Fumbbl Correct) to "give" your opponent an extra player?

I'd say that this would be blatant cheating.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 01:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Just the other day I had a case where my Pact minotaur got injured and had a broken collarbone. Asked the apothecary to perform the necessary operation to keep his career intact. Sadly, it turned out my apothecary was not skilled in veterinary medicine, and the minotaur died on the table. Fired the apothecary forthwith and hired an experienced animal surgeon in his place.
 Jump to: