65 coaches online • Server time: 19:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
stupnick

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know when this will be implemented? Or if it will be done after everything get's reset and things go live...
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

it's a pretty useless feature so thats probably all the reason why it isn't implemented yet.
If it would never be implemented I wouldn't mind tho since I see it more as a potential exploit then anything else.
RC

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I want my wizzard Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
it's a pretty useless feature so thats probably all the reason why it isn't implemented yet.
If it would never be implemented I wouldn't mind tho since I see it more as a potential exploit then anything else.

I don't see how it's useless....

it allows you to purchase star players, halfling chefs, bribes, rerolls, or even a second apoth if you don't have anything else to spend your money on...
Calthor

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

stupnick wrote:
Wreckage wrote:

it allows you to purchase star players, halfling chefs, bribes, rerolls, or even a second apoth if you don't have anything else to spend your money on...

Yes, but it also allows your opponent to get more inducements. Plus you can just hang on to your money without any problems: in the future you might need it more.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

stupnick wrote:
Wreckage wrote:

And give away the same amount of inducements to the opposition.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It can be very advantageous in some circumstances I would think. What if you are down 80TV and want a chef (halflings) or a bribe, saw, etc. Throw in 20K more, get what you want, and the other player still gets zilch.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatball, you actually have to throw in 100k more Wink. The opponent still gets nothing, though.
tragedy4you

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I have made the experience in our Real Table Top League, that at some Point it doesnt even matter if your Opponent gets 1.000.000 or 1.200.000 Inducements. I was playing a 3 Season old Wood Elf Team, they were like 2.200.000 Gold worth and in some Seasons i had to field them vs Rookie Teams and this is what i noticed.

So you can as well buy a Wizard from your Treasury without making the Inducements notably stronger. When it is about smaller ammounts, it can weigh heavier. but then, if you feel you can not win without a Wiz, you should be able to hire it when you can afford it.

What i am missing more then the Gold for Inducements Option is the Mercenary Option. My favourite Example is, when you play Dwarf and you are the Underdog you can buy a Merc LBB for 90K and give him Guard for 50k which gives you a notable Asset for far less then the usual Star would cost. I would like to know if this is gonna be planned.

Oh and the Wiz, i miss him too, hehe!
RC

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If I am facing dorf or khmeri I defintely want to have the option of getting a wizz and I don't care if the opposition gets enough cash to get one for themself.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The Wizard is AG independent in CRP. It works as well on AG4 as it does on AG1 - the AV then makes the difference.
Of course, with AG4 it is easier to pick up a free ball again afterwards.
stupnick

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if you think about it this way... you are playing against a team that is 20-30 TV higher than you... normally this means you get nothing.. but instead you bring 50k to hire some bloodweiser babes.. now they are slightly lower than you and get nothing and since they would have to declare cash brought first, they can't even decide to buy anything...

IMO it would make a difference if you were allowed to purchse items...
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:
Whatball, you actually have to throw in 100k more Wink. The opponent still gets nothing, though.

opponent gets 20k actually, as after transfering 100k to purchase inducements he became the underdog by 20k
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I really hope the Wizzie makes it in before the switchover - it's one of the more important Inducements.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I really hope the Wizzie makes it in before the switchover - it's one of the more important Inducements.

I doubt the client will be incomplete when we switch Wink
 Jump to: