36 coaches online • Server time: 13:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
maysrill

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2010 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Prov, mine were dwarves, Yours goblins.

Bah! Mine were CDs, and I cleared the pitch of a team with a 3-deep bench. Very Happy
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2010 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Prov, mine were dwarves, Yours goblins.

makes no difference. Both are short and ugly.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2010 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Sucking sucks... And since when does Space Marines have roosters?

Or are we making this a fowling thread?

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2010 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I read all of these messages. All of you say that my causalties are part of my poor playing. Ok, also today, at 5 turn I got 4 out, with 2 serious injuried player (always with human). I usually play online with other version of blood bowl game (like for example blood bowl for PC), and also if i lose my games with 3-4 average TD, I don't have all this inujried player. And I play bad also on the other games. So, the blood bowl ruleset is the same. The race is the same. The player (me) is the same and play poor on every blood bowl game. But the only difference it's that on this client I get too much casualties than other blood bowl game. You say that's is bad luck and poor playing. I say that's a bug. Bye.
Jiiiiim

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2010 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Man, in my first 10 games on this site, I scored three touchdowns and conceded twenty-six. I was taking three or four casualties a game and a bunch of KOs. It took me a long time to get an idea of team preservation and how to block. It's a gradual learning curve but it does click if you persist.

I'm mean I'm not exactly good yet but I'm approaching win-loss parity at least >_>
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2010 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

one thing to bear in mind is that the level of competition is A LOT higher than you will be used to and any mistakes made will be exploited, taking CAS just comes with the territory.

welcome to Fumbbl Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2010 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

3 casualties per game? You are lucky Smile In my last game at 5 turn I got 4 out. Then the game crash Smile
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2010 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

i think he said "bye"

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2010 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

We are saying that in the game in question you took 69 blocks over the course of the game. Considering it was vs a c.dwarf team we can guess that the majority of blocks were with him hitting you with block with 2 dice. Given this i would expect that you were knocked over around 65% of blocks, meaning around 41 times. of these we can expect around 15/36 to break armour, or 17 times. Of these we can expect 1 in 6 to be a casualty. Or 3 casualties. Therefore you only suffered one casualty more than expected.

Of course if you want to prove your 'Bug' theory i welcome you to analyze the data from all the games that have been played (rather than just your 1 game) and post your findings, but i think that you will find that even by just looking at the 5 games you have played you are already balanced out.

So excuse us if we are cynical, but when a new player comes onto the site raving about a bug because his team got beaten up in a game we all become a little bored of it. If you approached the same problem with 'Last game i got really beaten up, could anybody please watch the replay give me a few pointers as to what i did wrong i would be most appreciative' you would have received a much nicer response.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2010 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

7 cas and pretty much as many kos in 35 blocks

and it's not the same client as you are complaining about

this sort of things sometimes happen in BB
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2010 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

DrumBSD wrote:
3 casualties per game? You are lucky Smile In my last game at 5 turn I got 4 out. Then the game crash Smile

First 4 blocks of the game = 2 dead.
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3094201

Things happen, part of BB.
Hero164

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2010 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1686747

You need perms to count really.

3 SI and 4 deaths hurt.

Stella for President!!

Need a new challenge? Here's all the challenge you will ever need.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19352
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2010 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

DrumBSD wrote:
I read all of these messages. All of you say that my causalties are part of my poor playing. Ok, also today, at 5 turn I got 4 out, with 2 serious injuried player (always with human). I usually play online with other version of blood bowl game (like for example blood bowl for PC), and also if i lose my games with 3-4 average TD, I don't have all this inujried player. And I play bad also on the other games. So, the blood bowl ruleset is the same. The race is the same. The player (me) is the same and play poor on every blood bowl game. But the only difference it's that on this client I get too much casualties than other blood bowl game. You say that's is bad luck and poor playing. I say that's a bug. Bye.

You're going to have a hard time convincing this community that you're playing against similar quality players over there in Cyanide's community
Also, for someone who is complaining about an incredibly small sample size of bad luck (i've played over 1500 games here on fumbbl, over 1100 in the ranked division) you have a pretty bad argument (complaining about 4 out after 5 turns? ever play on the table top?)
look, it always sucks to get called a noob, especially when you feel like you're trying and its not changing anything
but the fact of the matter is that all of us have looked at your stats and replays and are telling you that you're making some very basic mistakes that should increase your cas against count
and it certainly seems like you need a better understanding of what the skills are and what they do
have you read the rule book?
were you aware that fumbbl requires its players to have RTFM before playing here?

Goodbye Cusi
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2010 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

DrumBSD wrote:
So, the blood bowl ruleset is the same. The race is the same. The player (me) is the same..

And your opponents are different.

The average Fumbbl coach will absolutely molest the average Cyanide coach on the field (while shadow will molest them off the field).

Its just on account of how long this community has been going and how this site handles disconnects. Here people play on and thus learn from their beatdowns as opposed to Cyanide where you disconnect and move on.

Also, if you are interested in bugs, there is a way you can pull the log of ALL dice rolled in a game. If you suspect a bug (like ANY of the cheating that goes on in the PC game) then you will see a dice distribution outside of whats expected.

__Synn
CopyCat

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2010 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Or for example, from one of my favourites :

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1219862
 Jump to: