28 coaches online • Server time: 08:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this something that can start now or is better to wait until the final switch?

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

seeing as all the teams are going to get reset I would suggest waiting till the switch

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

By that time, you could get a full tourney done for fun though. So maybe not league but a tourney would be better to have said.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=436026#436026

To be fair, we're close, by all accounts. Just a little more patience, and we can kick off and fire on all cylinders.
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Doh! Alright then I guess. Smile

Are you going to run one goo? I'm thinking about bringing back my Diehard Tournament League.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2773[/url]

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt I'll run one, I play and run less these days.

It will be interesting to see how much uplift we get when the client lands. Much as I'd love to see a varied and fun [L] scene come back to the level it was at a couple of years ago, site traffic atm isn't large enough for much to survive outside of a closed league. Things like the DTL (this is in my opinion, of course) are too niche to swim in the current climate. I hope to be wrong / we get a large uplift!
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think once it's final and leagues can start up, it will improve as far as site traffic is concerned. I think we can steal some of the Cyanide players back. FUMBBL is way more like TT, then that crap and more appealing with the right promotion.

I play in a 44 man TT league and I know I can start a league up with 8-16 of the members from there on here. I haven't promoted it much on our forums until it is ready to go. I have pointed it out to rookie coaches though, who need more practice. It's more play-friendly then Cyanide without the fancy graphics taking up too much of the game itself. I think it's a great tool to learn the game on. I used to tell that to people when lrb 4 was current.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2010 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it's a graphics thing. I personally way prefer the cool graphics. But the player population is totally worthless. People have no incentive not to drop games, and I commonly have people drop games after using the apoth. Also because people are such babies on cyanide they almost never play anything but high armor bash teams.

It's a problem here sometimes that without the blackbox league people will sometimes cherry pick games, but no where near the extent it is over on the cyanide game.
duttydave

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2010 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been away from fumbbl for a while but am able to play a bit more now.

I really like the new client and would be very interested joining a "Live" FFB League.
 Jump to: