40 coaches online • Server time: 10:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reisender

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2010 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Macavity wrote:
Dodge and block are great, but consider Pass Block, if you don't want him blitzing. Against passing teams, it can be great to have a guy who can (assuming no TZ) intercept 50% of the balls he has a shot at!

Hey Mac, I already commented on your post. I did it in the past because I knew you were going to say that. So I'll just quote that and save me some time. Smile

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

Pass Block is the suck.

It's a skill I might give a player as a 4th or 5th skill on a well developed team. And even then I can probably find something better.

It's just too easy to negate. Don't pass the ball or move outside his pass block range. Either way it's a passive skill that will get used once in a while but most of the time a waste of TV.

there is a reason he haz "most posts" and not "most posts read". Very Happy
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2010 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

biggest argument against passblock have to be that it is not implemented yet...
Lorquin

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2010 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Dang, didn't realise it'd cause this much contention.

I have a few friends who have taken Pass Block on teams, and it annoys the hell out of me, I must admit. However, that probably affords me a rather inflated view of the skill's usefulness. That, and the lack of implementation in the new client (thanks Lakrillo), almost entirely negates my argument for the skill.

So yeah, woo for Leap on a 2+! Very Happy
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2010 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Not as a first skill. I note confusion of my original post. Realistically (and I don't know if you pick), Pass Block as a 3rd or 4th skill (I intended to mean AFTER dodge and Block) should be as effective against passing opponents as Leap is against caging opponent, and since it's a catcher, and no mention of Dauntless was present....

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2010 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

He's St3 and Dauntless is a normal skill now (and works a little bit worse I've heard). I think this kinda change the cards - I'd rather give dauntless to a lino now, imo.
 Jump to: