44 coaches online • Server time: 10:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
ST or AG
ST
84%
 84%  [ 83 ]
AG
12%
 12%  [ 12 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 98

[-Cele-]

Post 5 Posted: Feb 10, 2004 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Everyone!
I was wondering if any of u have any suggestions regarding a Dark Elf blitzer of mine.

He has
MA 7
ST 3
AG 4
AV 8

Block, Tackle, Catch, Leap

The problem that I have is that he can now choose to either ST or AG.
What is the best choice. I know it's hard to say since u don't know what my other players have. But I just what your opinion.

Cranz

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2004 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont really know, as you say; it depends on the rest of the players you have.
If you have some other players in your team with ST4 or more then I should consider to choose AG, otherwise not.

It can be good to have one player with AG 5 if for some reason it gets hard to pass, leap or pass the ball (blizzard, foul apperance, boxplay with opponents in tacklezones etc).

Well thats my oppinion.

Good luck Cele.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2004 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

How could your skill choice possibly be +1 str or +1 ag?

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2004 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well! Me and my friends have changed some of the rules in the game, to make it more enjoyable for us. That's why I have the choice I have now.

If I havn't understood the rules wrong. Then u get one roll on the starplayer roll table everytime a player reaches a new level of experience. So a player who reaches "starplayer" status has done 4 rolls!

This is what we do:
When a player reaches 6 spp he gets one starplayer roll. When he reaches the next experince level after that he gets two rolls, but can only choose one of the results. This goes on and on
So a starplayer in our private league has done 10 dice rolls but has only got 4 skills etc etc.

That's why I have the choice of either chosing ST or AG
I hope that explains why!

thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2004 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, in that case take the strength, str 4 elves are just plain incredible, but then again so are agility five elves. Still I would take the strength.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2004 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Definetly strength. It's almost always better. 4S/4AG is a Griff in making, i.e. the best allround player there is. Catch and tackle don't work as good together as good as dodge instead of either skill. Dodge/leap/tackle makes a good blitzer and dodge/leap/catch makes a good catcher.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2004 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I would choose strength in any case. But im also confused by why he does not have block
Rusk

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2004 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

hes a dark elf blitzer, its kind of evident that he has block Smile
Kheldar1982

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodged would hace been much more usefull then catch, but to answer your question give him AG5 to get the best ot of his leap. He'll be a pain in the A** as a Cage Breaker.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah get him AG5 and then pass block... he'll then be an intercepting machine

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elves need ST much more than AG.
AG 4 is already a pain in the a** against a lot of opponents, he'd better go for the ST to add a little muscle to his team.
Plus, +AG mods are easier to get than +ST (about twice easier, I'd say). So there's a good chance he'll have another +AG some day, even more with their starplayer roll system.
Jahira

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah get him AG5 and then pass block... he'll then be an intercepting machine...

WHAT on fumbbl's history makes you think that there is such a thing as an InterseptionMachine!?
Just wondering.... as there is almost nothing as unlikely as an interseption in a game Very Happy
Well... that's what i think in my little unnoticeble oppinion
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

There's just one thing that will pretty much kill all your chances of getting an interception -- safe throw. I'd take the +ST, you can't have too much of that in an elf team.
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take the agility for two reasons. One, your previous skill choices of leap and catch. If you'd taken previous skills like tackle, strip ball, etc. I'd probably say strength right away. The other reason I say agility is because of the rules in your league. Because you are rolling all these extra rolls, it seems to me that getting ability increases just isn't as rare as it would be with the regular rules. To be honest though, it all comes down to your playstyle and what you do with your blitzers, and what the other ones have.
shlominus

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

how the hell can you chose either agility or strenght +1 ???

rolled 11 AND 12 ???

ps: anyway, not taking a str upgrade when you can is stupid. (there may be exceptions, but i have never heard a good one)
 Jump to: