41 coaches online • Server time: 10:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

@xnoelx: As Shadow said, they are not official, just my side project. So ignore them.

@Shadow: Big meanie! ...and thanks. Smile

@Mr. Mav: thanks.

@Sigmar1: The red teeth maybe should be more orange then. They are in fact part of his big pumpkin head, being a crazy scarecrow. They are supposed to be smiling, they love killing things...
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I thought the conceptual teams list in the compendium was for the non-official teams. But fair enough.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a lot of the Stunty pages are well out of date. Probably don't even need that page. What is the url, I can't seem to find it?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I just clicked on Help, then Stunty Division, and there's a link to the Compendium toward the bottom of the page. But the URL is http://fumbbl.com/help:Stunty+Compendium
Someone's added a link to the forum thread since I said they had no page anyway, but most of the other teams have a proper roster page.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

@Whatball, yeah, I was thinking orange teeth would show up a lot better.

Was playing with Gimp last night and figured out the cropnpaste...your pumpkin head on a gnome body looks hilarious! Finally getting the hang of the basics (for some reason the first few nights I was using it couldn't seem to get the pencil tool to snap to a square, yet last night it did...something to do with scaling vs. zooming the image?), in a couple more nights may actually take a stab at creating something.

Speaking of pumpkin heads...what if the Bogey looked liked Pumpkinhead (from the horror movie)? That guys was pretty damn scary looking and sorta fits with the Boggle pumpkin theme. (Maybe Boggles mature into Bogeys? Smile ) Just an idea.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks xnoelx.

Sigmar, the Bogeys will be hideous little beasties, but not pumpkin heads. The idea of the team is an assortment of the various nightmares and evil creatures of folklore.

For the pencil, was it blurring before? You may have been using a 1 pixel brush versus a pencil before. The brush will feather at the edges where the pencil is always a solid pixel. The brush can be good for shading, but I tend to do all my shading with the pencil and varying colours to control it more. Remember to use multiple layers when building your own icons, will save you a lot of time and headache making variants of the icon.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I meant Bogeyman not Bogey.

Haven't played around with layering yet...I don't suppose it works at all like ACAD layers? Hell, just last night found how to change the color of the pencil and place colors onto the 'palette'. Seems like you use a lot more color variations than can be stored at one time, but perhaps thats another layer issue (ie. switching layers provides a new palette with its own set of stored colors?)

I'll dig into the layers thing tonight.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

You should be working on your icons in RGB mode, not indexed colour. You only convert to indexed when saving as GIF. That will give you unlimited colours to use.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Percival Pinchstik
Image Image

Just need some side views and I am done my star players.
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2012 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

had some free time to kill so took a shot at WindWalker... feel free to comment and or suggest changes.... or discard completely... whatevs

Aflo

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2012 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I have never been able to add much more to this thread than 'waaw, great work!'...and I'm not going to break form now. Waaw, great work! If anyone finds themself at a loose end and fancies knocking up a wizard well I'm sure that'd be just dandy.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2012 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Aflo wrote:
and fancies knocking up a wizard

What's she look like?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2012 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Percival Pinchstik
Image Image Image Image

I'm going to start packing up the icons for the 1.0 release of the client. Please try and get any remaining icons in by the weekend of the 25th if you can to give Christer time to add the stars to the rosters. Thanks.
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2012 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

in case you need them...

Witch Doctor WindWalker

ImageImageImageImage
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks FreeRange!
 Jump to: