45 coaches online • Server time: 20:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still fiddling away on the Bogey team in hopes they will be included one day. Finally created the core players, the Bogeys themselves. Will likely re-colour and modify the Bogeyman to match these guys better.

Image Image Image Image

I think I might make new ghouls based on a bigger version of something like these as well. Less cartoon-like than the current ones. Thoughts?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What about bright white spots at the corners of the mouths to represent fangs?

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer them to have more of a sunken in look to their faces and mouths. They would look too vampire-like with fangs I think. Doesn't really go with their fluff either.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2012 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so Whatball has been posting his unofficial Bogey icons in this thread so I thought I'd do the same, especially as my latest Artificer icon may need some more work. Without further ado, here's the team thus far:

Tinkers:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Mechanics:
Image Image Image Image

And introducing the Bastion:
Image Image

Would like to hear how the community feels about the icons thus far. The Constructs are still in the brainstorming stage. Team comments can be submitted in the Artificers post.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2012 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Finished front views for Leeloo. No side views yet, again having problems. I've managed a fishhead, horses head, beaver, rat and rabbit, but yet to get the 'cute' lion look.

WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2012 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

@harvestmouse: Thanks! Front views will suffice if the sides are not done in time. Save all those various versions for the animal team. Wink

@Sigmar: great job.

@FreeRange: Added Windwalker to the first page.
Whitmire

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2012 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Would like to hear how the community feels about the icons thus far. The Constructs are still in the brainstorming stage. Team comments can be submitted in the Artificers post.

I suggest taking a look at old Squat exo-armour for your Constructs. I think they'd be 1:1 what you're looking for - if I wanted to convert this team into TT, I'd definitely start from those figures.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2012 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll look into those Whitmire. They could provide a general inspirational platform from which to develop the Constructs.

Any thoughts on the Bastion or the other 'existing' Artificer icons?

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2012 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The Bastion looks good but has a silly hand. Maybe he should have a huge wrecking ball at the end of a chain.

The Mechanics are great.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd like the tinkers to be more steam punk and less garden gnomes. At the moment I see them as garden gnomes. Solution: more masks! Everybody loves Pro Elves for their masks (and, well, masks alone), so give these little guys some. They're supposed to be welding and soldering and whatever tinkers do, so maybe they'd want to protect their face (from boots also).

Welding masks, goggles, tubes, gears... Those are my suggestions.

Also, I don't know how that deep purple or violet works with the red. It seems to blend into the other colours. White, maybe? It'd work with blue also.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this has already been addressed, and didn't fancy hunting through all 58 pages to find out, but I just played against cameronhawkins's pygmy team & noticed they have no side views. I realise this is where I should step up and create them, but I've tried using GIMP before and frankly, was completely lost. So, y'know, if anyone fancies makin some icons, there's a gap there.

On a separate note, I'd agree with Whitmire about the Artificers; while I really like the Mechanic, and quite like the Bastion, that purple on the Tinkers just seems to clash with their hair & clothes.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe harvestmouse is in the process of doing the side views for the pygmies as it states in the 1st post of this thread

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah; yeah, I guess I should've at least looked there. Then never mind.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

@Whitmire and xnoelx: Thats for the feedback. I agree that the Tinkers need a new color for their overalls. I'll adjust if the team ever makes it into the Leeg. As for their overall look, I'm quite happy with the goggles, wrenches and oil cans. I don't think adding tubes or gears will come out well on such a small model.

As for the Bastions hand...hands are HARD. I tried to more or less recreate the brown trolls hand. They get really big when you try and have a primary color, a shading color and a 'gap' color, making each finger three pixels wide. Even with only three fingers you get a hand that's nine pixels wide or so. Perhaps a 2-fingered hand would work. Anyway, it'll be something to Tinker with (haha, see what I did there?) after I get the Constructs wrapped up.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

instead of a hand you might consider a two "finger" claw, seems it would fit the mechanical style.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

FreeRange wrote:
instead of a hand you might consider a two "finger" claw, seems it would fit the mechanical style.

Yup, like one of these.

Also, the trick to doing more detailed hands is to do them at a true 45 degree angle. It allows you to get so many more pixels in a narrower width.
 Jump to: