51 coaches online • Server time: 23:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="WhatBall"]
FreeRange wrote:
instead of a hand you might consider a two "finger" claw, seems it would fit the mechanical style.

Yup, like one of these.

exactly
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, finally got to a point where I'm happy enough with the Constructs to post them, so here they are:

Constructs:
Image Image

Yes, I realize the 2nd one isn't centered, just having a hell of a time getting gimp to do that without apparently randomly 'bleeding' color into otherwise empty pixels. Although I did side views for all the others, I'm going to hold off on the Construct sides for (hopefully) team approval.

And just for yucks, here's the first image I made at the beginning of my Artificer icons quest:

It was after that trainwreck that I decided I needed to work up from the bottom and tackled the Tinkers Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Great job on the Artificers Sigmar. I really like them. Your progress on icons has been very good.

Only two suggestions. Take a look at outlining the red shoulders a bit more and the shadow is too blocky/big. Otherwise, great effort.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll adjust the shadow this evening.

As for the shoulder pads...I stole them and the front view fists straight off the Vermin. Everything else was scratch-built. I may even attempt a helmet on one of them tonight in addition to revising the Bastion's hands.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually much prefer the direction of your team to replace the Gnome roster instead of what they are now, which is a mini version of the Dwarf roster with cannons that don't make sense. Throw in a Gnomish contraption as well as the really big guy with the Constructs and Bastion and I think it is much better team.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Whatball, I appreciate all the help and encouragement you've given me. As for a possible contraption, see the Meatgrinder on pg. 3 of the Artificers thread.

Last edited by Sigmar1 on Aug 31, 2012 - 06:47; edited 1 time in total
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2012 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, here's the Constructs with reduced shadows. They're still pretty wide (as the Construct is a VERY wide icon), but not as deep. Shoulder pads are unchanged as I didn't want to add more bulk to the icon by adding another layer of darker pad.

Constructs:
Image Image

Seriously pondering another revision to the team list...I'm starting to think that Fend on all the Tinkers and Mechanics is too good. Would be hard as hell to advance against this team without tons of crazy stunty dodges. Especially given that I'm really leaning toward adding Stand Firm to the Bastion. (That would give 9 of 11 players Stand Firm of Fend, with the Constructs one skill from Stand Firm themselves!) I'm going to let my thoughts percolate a bit before modifying the roster though.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2012 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The original Bastion (with hands):
Image Image

New Bastion with gripping claw:
Image Image

The claw is wide open in the side view and mostly closed in the front view. I had wanted to close it all the way, but then it was just an unidentifiable grey mass.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Was bored last night so for a lark I busted out a couple of Sprites. They're basically Fairies with a much darker color scheme and narrowed head and shoulders (and pointy ears).

Sprites:
Image Image

Despite the massive demand (lol) no plans at this point for making the Deep Woods Fey icons. Well, unless I needed to. <Cough> HINT <cough>

Last edited by Sigmar1 on Sep 10, 2012 - 19:44; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool.

Have you tried them on a field background? They look like they may be very hard to spot.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope. I was concerned the darker colors might make them difficult to see on an actual field, but I don't know how to check that.

Of course, per their fluff, they ARE supposed to be tough to see haha.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Save this file down and when you make an icon copy and paste a chunk of it as your bottom layer in PS/Gimp that you can turn on/off to check.

xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2013 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been told, but haven't seen for myself, that the Fenbeast icons have been updated. The Chaos Spawn though are currently just big red circles. There's an error at the start of the game about unable to load from httpblahicon/Spawn. Just thought I'd mention it in case no-one noticed.
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2013 - 13:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Attempted a fix for the spawn. Please get back to me after you've tried it.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2013 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It worked, the Spawn are there now, and looking great.