53 coaches online • Server time: 14:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2011 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

you might find this enlightening on regards of the formatting:

http://fumbbl.com/help:TextFormattingRules

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2011 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work Goo.

The more I looked into the guide, the more I realized there are a lot of areas that need love. E.g. Under Getting Started there is the 'Overview of Divisions for Experienced Coaches' which is really just a proper version of what 'Divisions' should be. These pages should be the same and simply called 'Divisions' and placed under the 'Website usage' category (Which needs a better name) and after 'Creating Teams'. The'LRB5 Clients information' page could probably be deleted completely, it serves no purpose anymore but to confuse.

There is a ton of that type of organizing and cleaning that would go a long way to help the Guide. I would suggest purging first, then merging, rearranging, then rewriting. I can put in some time on it here and there to help.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2011 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent news, WB.

I'm away for the weekend, but I'll try and tidy the QSG a little tomorrow morning, and then think about how (and who) we go about a larger tidy up. Methinks you'll be a good man to have aboard, you'd a better candidate than I for doing a lot of this stuff! Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2011 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Just browsing through the help section and I noticed the new user guide, very nice work.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2011 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I did a bit of cleaning.

- Removed the link to the outdated LRB5 page which just added confusion.

- Made a single Divisions overview page from the two out there and changed where it was located to a more logical spot in the menu. It doesn' matter if a coach is new to BB or not, if they are new to FUMBBL they need to look over the divisions.

- Changed some link names to indicate which rules client they referred to where it was specific to one or the other.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Just read through the user guide and there were two things I picked up -
Firstly the italics tags on this paragraph arent working -

<i>Here is an offsite guide on team creation. It can be tricky at first, but you'll soon get the hang of it! Re-Rolls, for example, are very important since they only cost half as much to begin with, a common rookie error is not buying enough. Orcs are a great rookie team, try a line up of 4 Black Orcs, 4 Blitzers, 2 Linemen, a Thrower and 3 Re-Rolls if you're struggling to decide.</i>

The other thing was this sentance - At this point, you will be asked to select a division for your team, as a FFB coach, your team currently belongs in the Blackbox division (this will be updated as the divisions become FFB).

Will newcomers know what FFB is? I think this paragraph could be a little clearer. I will think about a re-wording when I get a minute(im at work Sad ). What do you think?

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that any help is always appreciated - I'm far from a one man band. Smile Feel free to dive in early and often!

I covered the italics above, I need to follow the previous zakatan link to fix it up.

I'm going to have a game now and try to cover the post match stuff... Hope to manage it before I go away.

GJ WB!
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to help out but I dont understand wiki at all. lol I'm sure it is simple and I'm just being stupid but I will have a look at that sentance and think of a re-wording when i get a minute today.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

How about this -

At this point you will be asked to select a division for your team to play in. As a new coach the best place to find games is the Blackbox division. Currently the other divisions are not ready to play FFB games in yet but this is due to change soon.

Instead of this -

At this point, you will be asked to select a division for your team, as a FFB coach, your team currently belongs in the Blackbox division (this will be updated as the divisions become FFB)

Not a big change I know but IMO it is just a little bit clearer. What do you think?

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

^ agree with above language change.

Also in the paragraph explaining that B teams are matched together every 15 mins there's no warning saying you can only activate within 5 minutes of that.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed.

Editing text is dead easy, get stuck in. Wink

Plus, my pictures for post game are clearly too wide. Suggestions?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

either scale them down or center them

or both

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Roger that. I'll look into how that's done, if someone doesn't get there first, when I return from my weekend away.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay you are right it is dead easy I have made that change. Also just resize the images here - http://www.picresize.com/

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, cool. I'm going to have myself a game now then run for the train, so it's on my list.

It's great to see a fair few of you interested in this; many hands make light work. I think as a team we can really do a good job of the User Guide revamp!
 Jump to: