41 coaches online • Server time: 13:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2003 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see a lot more "normal" teams in Div X. I myself have Lizardmen, Chaos Dwarf, Necro. As you can see I only have one experimental team. I didn't make an elf or skaven team because I don't play elves well and I already have Skaven in open div. With all the changes to div x I was hoping more people would make teams in it, but normal ones. With the option to not rank a team you don't have to worry about losing face over losing with elves agenst an vampire team. I don't plan on playing my Necros agenst other experimental teams if I can help it. I hope everyone else takes advantage of the 3 extra team slots and doesn't just make 3 experimental teams. If you don't even want to help playtest div x teams you can still play normal teams. If everyone makes at least one normal team div x can be just as usefull as open. hope I some of you make some Div X normal teams, so I can have somebody to play Very Happy
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2003 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

/me has a Darkelf team there. And yes I manage to loose with them as bad as with any other type of team I coach Smile. Will make another different normal team sometime, maybe.

-Mnemon
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2003 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, thanks Mnemon. I'm just repling to bump my topic. it's a shollow thing to do, but somebody did reply Razz
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2003 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Who here hasn't done the occasional topic bump? Let him cast the first flame... something like that...

Anyway, I agree that you need normal teams in div X to test the experimental rosters. However, it's pretty easy to see the allure of getting to try out 3 teams that you can't (or just don't) normally play.

Anyway, I had to try out the Rotters and the Beast is just as broken as I thought. I'm quite happy having my new zons there and I'm thinking about trying out WEs. Never tried 'em before. Should be fun to watch them get pounded by Ogres and Khemri.

<sarcasm class="caustic">
Or maybe I should wait until the new MV 9 STR 4 AG 4 AV 10 elves come out. They'll be loads of fun to play...
</sarcasm>

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2003 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea, I really enjoved playing Mr.Mojo's Zones with my Vamps, instead of another (yawn) ogre team. I'll be adding a Skaven team to Divx to give some low armour for other coaches to break...

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2003 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Quil, your choices in teams for the DivX-league is excactly why some of us don't really like DivX... 3 basher teams.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2003 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Good idea, I really enjoved playing Mr.Mojo's Zones with my Vamps, instead of another (yawn) ogre team. I'll be adding a Skaven team to Divx to give some low armour for other coaches to break...

You mean you enjoyed EATING my zons (until the lucky ball scatter)
Smile
For anyone who doesn't play a lot in real life, div X is a great chance to try those LRB rosters you haven't taken a crack at yet. My WEs will be in some time soon for a nice easy opponent for you.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, even though I lost the game, I rolled +1 St for my Vampire Lord. Can you say 6st and 4ag??? Smile

Chaos is a team I would NEVER play for 'real' or serious gaming. But now I may try them out in divX.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

And that brings us back to the original problem brought up in this thread.

Are you going to try Chaos with a bunch of beastmen, 4 chaos warriors and access to a couple of big guys with a couple of skills

OR

Are you choose [i]Rotters[i] which are basically the same except you get 6 warriors with Foul Appearance and an über big guy?

That may be GW's fault, but it's still the issue at hand, I think.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

True chaos, not interested in teams that appear TOO strong. I notice Vamps can be hot or cold, that is why I chose them. Real original chaos are one of the hardest teams to win with WITHOUT taking claw, RSF or piling on.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Then again, once we get the beast properly implemented the situation changes a bit. No apoth and a complete lack of regen will make the rotters team quite a bit harder to make progress with, and the Chaos team can then look like a more promising choice.

The Finishing Touch
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Calador pointed out that I chose 3 basher teams, but that isn't true. of all the experimental teams I chose the Necro to see if the lack of Reg. would be a problem and I think they are the least bashy of them all. My Chaos Dwarf team doesn't have any Chaos Dwarves at the moment (2 BC's and a bunch of hobs) and Lizardmen have a hard time bashing because they spend there spps getting block and other starting skills. As I said before I didn't pick an elf team because I play like crap with elf teams. If my Hobgoblin team or my Lizardman team gets delapitated I may try an Elf team (probable High Elves this time).
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
Then again, once we get the beast properly implemented the situation changes a bit. No apoth and a complete lack of regen will make the rotters team quite a bit harder to make progress with, and the Chaos team can then look like a more promising choice.

Forgive my ignorance here, but what's NOT properly implemented on the Beast?
Also, I take it that Rotters aren't supposed to have apoths? Then why is it an option for Rotters teams now?
I'm just saying that even with the apothecary issue, I still think Rotters are broken and GW just put them out to make Chaos players buy new minis... But that's hardly a topic for FUMBBL bug reports. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Works like this. Rotters are supposed to be a team with high player turnover. The lowered av, lack of an apoth, and total lack of regen will see to this. The beast ability that is supposed to offset this is that whenever the beast itself (not just the team) kills a player, you get a free rookie rotter. On the one hand, nice because you get free rotters, on the other hand, bad because the lack of an apoth will serisouly limit the overall skill levels sustainable on your team. From what I hear, Skijunkie is working on setting something up to let us be able to tell if the beast made a kill, and at that point apothacaries will be disallowed as per bbmag and replaced with the beast ability they are supposed to have. As you can imagine, I think this will change the flavor of the team quite a bit.

The Finishing Touch
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Klipp. I'm not a BBMag reader and with all the downtime at TBB, I guess I missed this. It's somewhat strange that it gives you Rotters while your Beastmen (lower AV and usually the ball handlers) seem like they'll be most likely to be affected...

Jump to: