37 coaches online • Server time: 12:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2011 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It has come to my attention that a lot of people here on fumbbl play this awesome game.
Therefor i created a channel in the game called "Fumbbl" so we had a place to gather and blame the broken RNG that scatter our shots and make our bullets bounce from our opponents armor.

I also have a teamspeak 2 server running which i would be happy to let people use for their WoT playing, so join the Fumbbl channel ingame and present yourself and you will be given login to the teamspeak server.

See you on the battlefield!
JHassler

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2011 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo, i might get around to it at some point.. what's the link?
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2011 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Easiest way to get a Beta-key is through this site:
http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/index.php/world_of_tanks
Ravenmore

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2011 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is borderline necromancy, but does someone still play this game? Very Happy
peikko

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2011 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Because Im sometimes bit slow, I just started playing it like week ago....
Ravenmore

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2011 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't find anyone in the fumbbl game channel but I'm sometimes availible in the evenings for a couple of platoon games if anyone's interested. No TS for the moment though, RL stuff.

Tiers between 4 and 7 mostly.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2011 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to play it, got bored. And after the hard reset I really didn't want to grind back to the tanks I like.
opusthefowl

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2011 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I played it for a while and got a few lvl 4-5 tanks...but the grind became too much.

It was fun but like Woostock said, it gets dull quick.

They did a great job at creating a "need" to buy credits with real cash as trying to get to lvl 7+ just through grinding is brutal...

...and that's why I quit..

Give it a try though...lvl1-3 are quite fun when you get a souped-up tank...

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2012 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually am playing again, finally got my T29. Really brings back the motivation to play once you got your favourite tank again!.
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Still playing here, and I know atleast three other fumbblers actively playing too.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

After grinding up to an E75 and a ferdi after my beta-tanks got whiped, i have not played that much lately. But i am in a kind of active clan so sometimes i join in for a company war which can be fun.

You can add me as a friend as Lakrillo if you want.
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

opusthefowl wrote:
It was fun but like Woostock said, it gets dull quick.

Havent noticed...
"peikko has played WoT for 286 days, playing average 22.8 battles per day."

Twisted Evil
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm mostly inactive, but play it occasionally.
its a great game and i can see that it has a lot of overlap in demographic with bloodbowl. the graphics are kinda .. dry ... though compared to say... this http://www.saint-ism.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/gundam_extreme_vs_destiny_strike_freedom.jpg

got the KV, T-44, and IS-4 but waiting for next patch within a few weeks that moves the russian heavies around so bumps IS-4 to tier 10 and gives me a few new free tanks. sad that it means i'll probably never get the IS-7 which i wanted the entire time i played the game though.

I think tier 4-5 is most fun to play but you'll often get lumped in with tier 7+ which makes it kinda pointless, and makes you hanker for the higher tiers.

after tier 5/6 you don't really profit on credits, and after 6-7 you need gold account to profit. it also becomes veryyy sloooowww to grind, i think i played about 200-300 games each to get past IS and IS-3, and that's with only taking minimum upgrades, and selling them to afford the next tank

tier 7-8 upwards, the tanks are so expensive to repair and resupply that you need a low tier money-tank to provide money to run them. this sucks, imo. but at least it prevents a rush to tier10 and everyone being in tier10 only

the KV's guns can just about hurt tier7-8s so that's the one i use the most for credits.

the SU-26 is so much fun, artillery with a turret. i've killed 8 opposition with it in a single match (games are 15 vs 15)

kind of interested in the new french tanks with the rapid fire cartridge system
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, with prem account even high tier cover their own running cost. Thought to get new tanks, one needs some money making method in addition to just covering running costs. Either lower tier tanks or some tier8 premium.

Premium account is ~10e /month so I dont think its deal breaker when compared to other MMOs
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

yea... thing is i wanted my tanks to cover their own costs, plus save up credits for the next tier.
they don't do this without gold account after say, tier 6

gold account is cheap when you're playing it a lot. if you're basically inactive as i am, i don't want to re-activate gold account for the sake of the handful of games i might play in a month, which means high-tier tanks are un-maintainable
 Jump to: