76 coaches online • Server time: 21:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

With the dawn of the new client, the old teams will be transferred into the new environment.
The damage or role these new teams will play can't be predicted yet and it will likely be a different one for each respective team.
One thing is however certain: The transferred teams will not resemble the new teams in all respects. In several cases the old teams will have disadvantages and in few cases tuey will have advantages.
If a coach who got his mummies block on regular rolls is thrown into an environment with teams who have to work and get lucky for their block, this work will go unnoticed with all those teams who got those skills as a free gift.

After the stunty reform wich was admittably quite severe, all the grandfatherd teams were marked. A sentence informed an opponent if a team was created before the reform.
It would be nice if the old lrb4 teams could be equipped with such a simple sentence of notification aswell. If or not that is relevant every coach could decide for himself.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Can mine have the mark of the beast?

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea. I think if nothing like that happens automatically, I'll add a sentence or two to my teams' bios, just to inform about their grandfathering.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

you mean forever, or only as long as they take advantage?

And also, beside the blocking mummies and the 6+ ogres, everything about the transfer is a disadvantage. Many doubles that become simple (claws, frenzy, stand firm, etc etc), ridiculously high Fan Factor, and probably some other handicap transfered teams will have to face. There is already a "migration hatred movement" going on somehow, I'd advice against throwing fuel to it.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all for grandfathering my teams because I like my teamnames. A grandfathering mark would make my dudes more 1337

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

as i heard it orgres wont be allowed to migrate, and who really cares about khemri? i mean really? oh yeah christer like khemri Smile sorry chief Smile

i cant see there being many problems, the only problem i see is it screwing up chaos teams but you can plan ahead for it

Name a potential problem and ill tell you why you are wrong and im right, roll up!!!

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:
Name a potential problem and ill tell you why you are wrong and im right, roll up!!!

Suppose I have a newspaper stand on a busy crossing. Should I raise the price on my chewing gum because people will buy it regardless or lower the price in hopes of enticing more people into buying? My gut tells me to raise the price!

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
JockMcRowdy wrote:

Suppose I have a newspaper stand on a busy crossing. Should I raise the price on my chewing gum because people will buy it regardless or lower the price in hopes of enticing more people into buying? My gut tells me to raise the price!

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/CamelsandRubberDuckies.html

Very Happy
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:

Hrmf... that blog entry should come with a warning Neutral
Olesh

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:
as i heard it orgres wont be allowed to migrate, and who really cares about khemri? i mean really? oh yeah christer like khemri Smile sorry chief Smile

i cant see there being many problems, the only problem i see is it screwing up chaos teams but you can plan ahead for it

Can you direct me to where details about the transfer/grandfathering were posted? I only ask because I think the idea of restricting ogres now (when they were used as an example of what would happen when the transfer occurred, i.e. goblins would be converted to snotlings and excess ogres would stay but be irreplacable) is a bit silly.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:

Very Happy

I'm so confused now, LOL!

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

To answer the original question: No. I don't think they should be marked.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't mind it, but I can live without... It might be useful for leagues that want teams that only played FFB.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love the mark of LRB4 legacy!

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 06:09 Reply with quote Back to top

as the stunty admin, and someone who has lived through the fallout to the suggestion...

*NO*...period...flat out...ever....

all "marking" a team does is give them a stigma, and give other coaches an easy flag to say "no thanks, you're a LRB4 team, i don't want to play you"...you people complain about fracturing the site into too many divisions...guess what marking grandfathered teams does?...fractures the division, yet again, into "current" and "grandfathered" divisions....

people have enough excuses not to play a team...let's not give them one more...

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: