67 coaches online • Server time: 18:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just wondering how things were going to work on the 15th. I realise that information will be given out in due course, etc, and that Christer, Kalimar and the team will be working hard on our behalf behind the scenes to make it happen, and of course we're all massively grateful for that. I'm just being hugely impatient, I suppose. Smile

I guess the two questions are, how exactly is the new [B] pairing system going to work from day one, and are we expecting a client update on the 15th? Are the skills all going to work, are Wizard going to be included and do we have an answer to the much debated 'Dodge optionality' question? Would be nice if things were *final* on the day we went official, but clearly it's not the end of the World if development will continue after Saturday.

Either way, I can't hide my excitement! Smile

What's everyone's first team going to be? I think I'm going to have some Elves, some Goblins (if the weapons work), some Rats, some Orcs and some Vampires, and just let the bot select what I play with. Maybe some new Khemri as well, they look tough. And some Slann, oh Lord, too many options!
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Choosing to use dodge is already implemented, if that's what you mean in regards to the dodge optionality question. My first teams will most likely be chaos, dark elves, high elves & necro or undeads. Not decided yet.

Last edited by Nightbird on %b %10, %2011 - %11:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

As i wasn't stressed before, now you have to point out that it is a really short time left... gaaaah!

On a side-note i fixed most of the TTM-related bugs this weekend. No more dissapearing balls and strange stuff like that.
Will see what more stuff i can manage to sort out before the 15:th.
And to answer some of your questions, there will be a new client update, but it won't be the final one, work will continue after the 15:th to make sure everything that needs to be in is there.

5 days left, that sure feels exciting, i will make sure to get some time to actually play after the 15:th.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool Lakrillo!

And Nightbird, I realise it's in as it stands, but there has been some debate over whether it should be in, or if the form of Dodge optionality needs to be tweaked, etc. It's that I was sniffing around. Wink
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Gotcha! Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all I cant wait. My heart hastn really been in it for most of the games i have played in the last month or so because i have been waiting for this.

About dodge, I dont really care either way, but it will probably put me off playing with zons which is probably no bad thing.

Which teams am I going to start with - Pact, Slann, Vampires, Lizardmen and Chaos Dwarves. Roll on 15th Smile Smile Smile Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Im gonna slann it up yo!!!

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't wait either. Haven't been playing much lately as FFB teams are to be deleted and playing Blackbox is hardly possible at all. I'm all amped up for the 15th though.

I'll be making a new Slann and a new Chaos Pact team, and add it to the rest of my teams, and then just activate!
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I am also eagerly awaiting the 15th.

My main Blackbox teams will be my existing ones and I am looking forward to Mice in Black getting back into the action, however if the transfer of existing teams isn't available straight away, then I will probably have a crack at a Slann team.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently finishing a new way of scheduling in FFB which will be used right off with the start of Blackbox. This means that the scheduler already sets up the scheduled game so you can join right away with a single click. No need to exchange game names anymore.

Unsure if I can get Dodge to work the way I want it to for the initial release, though. "The way I want it to" means to have it contitional in those situations where it matters only. Which mainly consists of being blocked by a Frenzy player and being pushed where another player might block again (to chainpush or push out of bounds).

Development will continue in any case. No wizards yet and no new skills in that release. But more harmony with Fumbbl for sure (it's impossible to chose illegal skill combinations, skills not implemented yet can't be chosen etc.).
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ for the one click game

As i said in my piece about new coaches i feel one click games will encourage far more people to play, no more need for IRC. The only issue now is I would like a way to see the most recent Box draws within the site, just so people can see what teams are getting drawn etc.
fly

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

i will play oomanz!
goblins will have to wait for hail mary bombing and fanaticism

Calcium

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans/Khemri/chaos/pro elves!

I am looking forwards to this a lot, the blackbox getting a life saving shock....CLEAR!

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't wait, first game in a long time.
On1

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
Currently finishing a new way of scheduling in FFB which will be used right off with the start of Blackbox. This means that the scheduler already sets up the scheduled game so you can join right away with a single click. No need to exchange game names anymore.

Thumbs up! 1 click Blackbox thingy! omg! i love that. Smile
 Jump to: