68 coaches online • Server time: 23:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd prefer my vampires to keep their FF25.

Such a high FF grants them...

1 - cash, lots of cash
2 - nice kickoff bonuses
3 - pride and joy at being the most winningest team in all the land

Totally worth it, especially when we are mostly talking about teams with quite a high TV anyway.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on Jan 23, 2011 - 18:43; edited 1 time in total
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 18:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
Keeping high FF is actually a smooth and elegant way to somewhat keep in check those teams which would hardly have been possible to develop in an FFB-environment.

But teams built the same way, some of them huge, with low ff, don't bother you at all.

Quote:
On top of that, it would be somewhat unfair to those of us who already played with their old teams and suffered from inflated FFs.

As have I within B, which is why i was talking about the R changeover.

Quote:
The call has been made (a good one imho), life goes on and everything will sort out eventually.

Yeah, I'll live with it and still transfer them, its a game after all and a few losses won't overly worry me. But i will be being punished for having teams that have done well. If only i had a few huge teams that with crappy records as it seems they will be making hay.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

In many sports a handicap system is used to balance the games between players of differing strength to be more enjoyable. Many times people do not enjoy playing strongly uphill, that is also why we have had the TS limitations on this site beforehand. Handicap and ranking systems convert the reward for successful playing to be the earned high ranking instead of a large win-ratio. With a handicap/ranking -system it is possible for a player or a team to have a high recognition of ability without having too many unbalaced match pairings.

I feel that the handicap rating is expressed inherently in the LRB5+ Fan Factor. If the team keeps winning, it is a strong team, and its Fan Factor will rise. If the team keeps losing, its Fan Factor will eventually drop. A high FF indicates that either the team build is strong or the coach plays very well.

Teams with high Fan Factor will give some inducements to teams with lower FF. If this causes the stronger teams to lose more, the FF will eventually change to a more stabile position.

In my numerical testing models, the FF of a team seems to get to a "correct" value from disproportional starting value quite soon.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Frankenstein wrote:
Keeping high FF is actually a smooth and elegant way to somewhat keep in check those teams which would hardly have been possible to develop in an FFB-environment.

But teams built the same way, some of them huge, with low ff, don't bother you at all.

I haven't been aware there were any dominating high-TR teams with low FF. Birthday leftovers?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
I actually like that transferred teams have a disadvantage. Personally I was in favour of a complete reset as that would make the FBB client a great source of data when looking at the balance of the crp rules. As it stands the results are skewed by having teams built for an old ruleset.

Also it will encourage people to actually play games with the transferred teams to get rid of the excess FF and out of date players rather than sitting on a perfectly pimped team until the next major comes along.

I'm with Spubb! Although, disagreed with sitting on teams, all of those sub-optimal skills costing TV. Can't see that being an advantage over playing a bunch and fixing up players.

Although; pity the fool who takes the +2 Pitch Invasion. That really, really hurts...
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I worked hard for my fans. I want to keep them.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Bragging rights! Very Happy
 Jump to: