24 coaches online • Server time: 07:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gamer-man

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Are Fro'de's stats unpassible or are they just the top of the ladder right now. Will the site fall before Fro'de's stats can be passed, and would NE1 in their right mind not retire someone once they are costing them practicly 4 handicaps by himself.

Also should My 11 Thugs retire Fro'de, or should he let him play on as the leagond he is.

I say that Fro'de's stats are unbeatable but he should still play on just because of the intimidation factor involved (if he takes another n, then he should be retired)
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing as how wthair has advanced Fro'de to such status in less than a year, I see it very feasible that others could do the same in the future- there is no reason to think otherwise as far as I can tell.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Fro'de can't retire!!!! (like Lupino... eh he)
Gamer-man

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

ya but lupino's team isn't in going under hard times i dont think, my 11 thugs on the other hand is going under hard times, and their coach said he might retire Fro'de in his profile (though he shouldn't IMO)
kurre

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=547767 is going for the record, and he have two AG4 players to throw the ball to too. The only thing Big Gulp wont do anymore is to throw the ball just for the fun of it, lost me a game when i misthrew a quickpass a couple of games ago...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

There are a couple of teams that are so niggled and so much the victims of handicaps that I can't see how they will ever win a game... 11 Thugz is one of these teams...

Does that mean they should retire? No way...

Teams like these are what gives fumbbl its character...

I am deeply upset that Bubble Gum Crisis has retired... mean bastards sure, but they were feared and legendary...

Maybe one of these coaches of these teams should run a tournament just for themselves... it would be interesting to see who comes out on top.
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You know their is something odd when the top passer of FUMBBL isn't an elf, or even a human or skaven, but an orc, and the top scorer a goblin.
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Very, very true Swilhelm73. I always thouight that was a bit strange as well.

No, don't retire Fro'de. I wan't to see him hit 1000SPP!!!
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

and would NE1 in their right mind not retire someone once they are costing them practicly 4 handicaps by himself.

At 797 SPPs and a cost of 70K, his TR alone is 167. So he is actually nearly two new teams on his own and will give all 5 handicaps by himself?
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Once ski has the handi cap table working right and you get to pick one if there is more than 100 tr differance he will kinda have to be retired or else he would just be a bench warmer since everyone would pick virus every game. Besides I think the old guy deserves some hard earned rest.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

A team that loses more than half its games isn't anything to be proud of in any way shape or form...
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade you are a GOOF. I played wthair 2 times with his Thugs. I beat him once and lost once. His team is great character and is fun to play. he is NOT in it to win, but to have fun. I am glad there are teams around that play lower TR teams like wthair. not all popular/great/well known sports franchises win every year or have winnign records ALL the time (ie Dallas Cowboys, ie montreal canadians). If I was wthair I would be very proud of that team and the player he built. He is the all time Fumbbl spp leader with a ocr thrower for f$ck sakes, what else do you want?

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Fro'de is one of the legends of Fumbbl, but I say you do with him what you will. Do you want your team to be like the globe trotters very cool but aren't that competitive, or a competitive team. If you want to win, drop him. If you want to make Fro'de even cooler, do that.

If we get the special cards that can remove niggles soon. I'd of course, not drop him.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDrink wrote:

If we get the special cards that can remove niggles soon. I'd of course, not drop him.

The cards were dropped with 3rd edition, and won't ever be coming back to the official rules. The handicap table is the replacement.

The Finishing Touch
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf - I see your point but don't necessaryily agree. While it's fun to have legendary teams playing there comes a time to call it quits. There are a handfull of legendary teams here that are so injury ridddled they should be put out to stud. Especially with handicaps now in play. Playing a team that has little chance of winning is like an old football player (Emmitt Smith) refusing to retire when it's obvious his best days have passed.

That said I also enjoyed playing Wthair and had a memorable match. But, on the other hand, I can't get matches with some coaches of legendary teams for the simple reason that they know after the handicap rolls, that there is a strong chance they wont be competitive. Those are the teams that should hang it up.

Jump to: