94 coaches online • Server time: 20:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Renegade

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
Renegade you are a GOOF. I played wthair 2 times with his Thugs. I beat him once and lost once. His team is great character and is fun to play. he is NOT in it to win, but to have fun. I am glad there are teams around that play lower TR teams like wthair. not all popular/great/well known sports franchises win every year or have winnign records ALL the time (ie Dallas Cowboys, ie montreal canadians). If I was wthair I would be very proud of that team and the player he built. He is the all time Fumbbl spp leader with a ocr thrower for f$ck sakes, what else do you want?

GOOF? Is this guy for real?

Nothing more your honour

Last edited by Renegade on %b %12, %2004 - %21:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Jahira

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

omg wthair... don't get me started
kurre

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

http://w1.351.telia.com/~u35118378/mypics/Olympics.bmp
Chappy

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I am glad there are teams around that play lower TR teams like wthair.

I agree. Kudos wthair! Keep the team and Frode. We need more folks around like you. (I do the same with my Destroyers but don't wanna sound too up on myself Wink )
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade, I am for real.

SofNfluffy, well you know my opine of you.

Mully, why should the Thugs, TAOfN retire? B/c teams have too much of an advantage when playing them and they may (GASP) lose? Coming from the coach that singlehandly ghettoized the coach ranking and play ONLY to win, your advise should be used for bird cages or out houses. My only wish was that i played the Thugs BEFORE the tables was implemented, maybe the Thugs would not have pounded me so bad. See Mully and Fluffy, some of us play for the challenge and the fun of the game not for ranking.
Rant out.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm ranking... funny i would reset it then... and i am in it to have fun... and i have fun in winning and playing... not in having players around that i dare not place on field after apoc is gonne... not playing to lose, not playing to even try and win... had one game vs wthair got a SI and rest of the game he placed 3 players on the pitch... that was when i started fouling his ass off every freakin round... when someone don't wanna play anymore consede or i'll sure as hell gonna try and ruin as many players as i can. People that give up and exspect that means no more bashing is gonna feel the boot of his life
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Coming from the coach that singlehandly ghettoized the coach ranking

1st - can you explain this statement? Don't know if you were referring to me. If so please explain, if not never mind.
2nd - I played the Thugs before the handicaps
3rd - Please reread my post. My objection was more aimed at teams like the Thugs who DON'T take on many challengers because of the huge STR/TR difference.

4th - I probably read the tone in your message incorreectly. To me it came off mean, but from previous talks/relationships with you it's probably just me reading the wrong things into it. If not ... see you on the PITCH elf boy!!!
Renegade

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well said Fluffy!

Your statement totally backs mine. A coach that plays in such a way should be branded a coward. Enjoyment is the true legend of fumbbl. Maximum respect to the king of destruction!

-the GOOF wanders of chuckling to himself
MixX

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

so sorry to interrupt this nice friendly... discussion.

Mr-Klipp wrote:
DrDrink wrote:

If we get the special cards that can remove niggles soon. I'd of course, not drop him.

The cards were dropped with 3rd edition, and won't ever be coming back to the official rules. The handicap table is the replacement.

what do you mean, DrDrink?? Cards could never remove niggles anyway, could they? Did I just never see that card?? (don't think so!!)
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a treeman who has amased over 350 spp's for a halfling team, and now they can hardly ever play due to the handicap system, but i will never retire him, if everyone played just to win, and improve their rankings this would be a boring place to play. It's players like Lupino, Fr'ode, Enjoyment and yes even my treeman Lightning Roots that make this a worthwhile visit.

I don't understand what the debate is about, just put 'My 11 Thugs' Into semi-retirement and start with a new team, why do they have to lose there best player when you can just start another orc team?

I will never retire Lightning Roots as it would be an insult to the enjoyment i have had playing with that team, the Rumbling tums would be less fun without him, and My 11 Thugz would be less fun to play against/with if fr'ode called it a day
Renegade

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

GOOF
Gibbering_Gambits

Post 20 Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams with huge TR's should either retire them, or wait untill other teams have caught up. I'm sure in 6 monthes there will be many more teams with 300+ Team Ratings. If the coaches WANT to play them against a team and suffer staggering handicaps more power to them and where do I sign up to kill a legend?Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think that we now have a prety good system for dealing with handicaps; +5 sr per handicap, as per what the site does.

No, it isn't perfect, but it does allow really beat up and/or old teams to find an opponent of roughly equal strength even with the handicap system. However, with a team like 'My 11 Thugs' you do run into the problem of a very high TR *and* SR making it hard to find an opponent I would presume.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think very high TR teams have much trouble finding games. There are tons of teams willing to play the virus (or niggle) lottery. They have very little to lose. If they don't win the jackpot, it's no worry; they were expected to lose. If they hit the jackpot, they win lots of coach ranking and bragging rights. Heck! I think there might even be some coaches who'd abuse these high TR (high STR) teams in attempt to get to the top of the coach rankings.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Mystery Link

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

http://w1.351.telia.com/~u35118378/mypics/Olympics.bmp

Kurre, that is SOOO wrong, that it is right!!
 Jump to: