18 coaches online • Server time: 02:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Options to buy?
Rat Ogre
28%
 28%  [ 20 ]
Gutter Runner
64%
 64%  [ 46 ]
Reroll
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 71

Prez

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2011 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

My skaven team Cesspit Creepers has final acquired sufficient funds for new players, in particular a RO.

Now I've played Skaven a fair bit under the old client, but relatively new to RO's in FFB. I like the idea of having a big guy on the team to use as a road block etc but with the Loner/WA traits are they worth their money. Has the cash could equally go towards a new GR or a RR. So would appreciate some opinions befotre I buy.

Many thx in advance
Prez Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2011 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Get your gutter runners back up to 4 before anything else, then get a 4th re-roll then consider whether a rat ogre is worth buying very carefully.

The rat ogre is too much of a TV boost and is quite fragile really. Im not a massive advocate of the rat ogre full stop although I'm not the greatest Skaven coach anyway.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2011 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

With that team and that amount of cash I'd buy two Gutter Runners.

Your results look like you are doing just fine without the Big Rat.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2011 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I am surprised you have played 12 games without getting 4 Gutter Runners, they are the soul of your team.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2011 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember, no SPP bloating. Let the guys who can do something with it skill up!

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2011 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Frankenstein on %b %29, %2011 - %17:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2011 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

He's right, you dont get added TV for spp only new skills. The TV bloat you get with the RO is too much to make him worth while because the rest of your team will then have to deal with make horrible players just because you have put all your eggs in one mostly useless basket. The RO is best to get once your GR and Blitzers have all got around 3 skills each IMO.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2011 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, i always love big guys for some extra damgage and would get them straight from the start, so they can skill up against weak opponents. Gutter Runners are great scoring maschines and are very easy to skill up, but the strength of a skaven team are developed linemen. Looking at your win/loss ratio your doing a great job as a coach, do whatever suits your playstyle best.
Ancre

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2011 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Common FUMBBL wisdom says go for the two gutter runners.

That being said, if you want to try to play with a rat-ogre, go for it. You'll probably learn more (and have more fun) by thinking out of the box, and if you want a rat-ogre, then you should buy a rat ogre Smile
spiro

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2011 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'v voted gutter runner, but i want say, that Skaven's development in FFB in comparison to lrb4 is slow as hell, the same with the elves.
Possible that there at the start with this team is too many dwarfs, chaos dwarfs, khemri, norse, amazon.
Poor the rats and elves.

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2011 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You should not always play by the book (meaning buy gutter runners). Sure they are fast and versatile and what not. But a rat ogre is fun and he can roadblock and skilled properly lay waste to a team. Don't let anyone tell you what to do.

If everyone played by the book, every team would look the same and the beginning phase of every team of a race would look the same (reminds me of Starcraft... one wrong click and you are done for...)

Go for diversity, sell the rerolls, buy cheerleaders and a rat ogre Very Happy (kidding about the rerolls)

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2011 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the input, as the poll was rather unamious, I've opted for the additional Gutter.

Prez