20 coaches online • Server time: 04:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2011 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
@ Garion, are you going to do some SS OTT guides for fools like me that can't figure out OTT's on there own Sad

Lol yes, I will, side step doesnt actually make it that much easier most of the time, usually it just means you need one less player.

Coming next is the Goblins OTT without throw team mate using just 5 players Very Happy

Last edited by Garion on %b %11, %2011 - %16:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2011 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
Quick feedback to Quick Start guide from a new player - I would take out about starting a League team. For a very quick start this does not seem appropriate. I would make it entirely Black Box focused, then move to Ranking then League afterwards.

The Guide mostly does this, but I still foundered about a bit making lots of Ranked teams then having to make new ones to play in Blackbox. Make it really clear that you can't swap teams between Divisions.

Apart from that, it's brilliant and intuitive - well done!

Things that are initially confusing, I think:
- black and white lists (I've been told they don't do much, basically)
- the vast number of groups
- the announcements about cups and so on. Just a bit overwhelming!

Not sure anything needs doing about any of these, but worth mentioning.

Mike

Also thanks for the feedback about the quick start guid it is nice to hear that newcomers are actually using them Smile I haev often thought i would be best just to make the quick start guid about Blac box because that is where most games are played at the moment. But I am not going to change this until other people agree as this is something I guess people will feel quite strongly about.

Dont worry about groups and cups though, when i first joined I found this all very overwhelming too. but in time you will understand how everthing works. Have you checked the help guides for how to join a league? That explains groups quite well I think?

Last edited by Garion on %b %11, %2011 - %15:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2011 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the goblin OTTD with 5 players - http://fumbbl.com/help:GoboOtt

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2011 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Also I will give someone a prize if they can work out how to score a one turn touchdown with a MA5 or 4 player without quick snap or throw team mate. Very Happy

Im sure it is possible with 2 frenzy players and a couple of grab players or side step players but i cant work it out.

Edit: Check the Chaos one and the norse one to see if there is anywhere you can improve on it.

Last edited by Garion on %b %11, %2011 - %16:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2011 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Skaven movement 7 OTTD complete - http://fumbbl.com/help:OTT

Still no takers on the Ma5 challange?

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2011 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

well, on the Ma5 challenge.. I'm doing a starting dwarf team (no skill ups), and I can get a troll slayer pushing the opponent into the blitzer to put him into scoring range if he was Ma6, and the troll slayer still has his second push left. However, the only way to cover the spots for the second push are by using your dwarf runner as the blitzer, and having him dodge out of a tackle zone; and then having your 11th player (normally assigned to getting the ball) to move into the other spot.

So I can do it if: I'm allowed to do 2 (or maybe 3) dwarf dodges, assume a touchback, assume a ton of pushbacks (which is given for these things), and assume 5-7 GFI's (including the 2 needed for the touchdown itself).

With all that, I can successfully do a Ma5 OTT with a starting dwarf roster. (Although I still need to work out details, since it requires the dwarf runner being the blitzer, whereas I was using a troll slayer before; so I need to reposition my troll slayer properly and then set up the whole series of pretty play pictures.)
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2011 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no point in doing an Ma 5 OTT with dwarves though because they have Ma6 players. Hmmmm In fact now I come to think of it there aren't any teams where this would be needed.

Maybe working out how to do the Dwarf OTT in as few blocks/blitzes as possible would be the way to go. Because I think they could do it differently to the Norse one and the choas one I have posted.

But if you can do a dwarf one where a troll slayer scores with no Ma6 players on the pitch that would be nice to see. Or a Khermi one without any blitz ra or throw ra Very Happy
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2011 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

well, mine could be (barely) modified to take runners off the pitch, and have a blitzer score; but it requires 2 frenziers so a troll slayer couldn't score.

my initial reasoning for using dorfs was because your two runners would be in the back field - one to pick up the ball and pass it to the other runner, who would then run into position and hand the ball off to the blitzer. The idea was this actually could be built for on a regular dorf team; the problem is that I need both runners in position for the Ma5 touch down; but it means I could do a Ma6 touch down, and actually have a runner and a blitzer start in the back field, which would be a reasonable proposition.

Incidentally, because of this, I might just have to hire blitzer or two, just for OTT attempts with my dorfs, just because it would shock people if I ever pulled it off.

Incidentally, are there any words of advice on how to pull out push results so that your OTT attempt doesn't get flummoxed because you killed your opponent?
t0tem

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2011 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

good job!

probably just my browser being drunk but weird things happen with the headings as i scroll through the suggestions for starting lineups.

EDIT: they disappear and reappear...

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2011 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
well, mine could be (barely) modified to take runners off the pitch, and have a blitzer score; but it requires 2 frenziers so a troll slayer couldn't score.

my initial reasoning for using dorfs was because your two runners would be in the back field - one to pick up the ball and pass it to the other runner, who would then run into position and hand the ball off to the blitzer. The idea was this actually could be built for on a regular dorf team; the problem is that I need both runners in position for the Ma5 touch down; but it means I could do a Ma6 touch down, and actually have a runner and a blitzer start in the back field, which would be a reasonable proposition.

Incidentally, because of this, I might just have to hire blitzer or two, just for OTT attempts with my dorfs, just because it would shock people if I ever pulled it off.

Incidentally, are there any words of advice on how to pull out push results so that your OTT attempt doesn't get flummoxed because you killed your opponent?

Ma 6 would be great actually if you can reduce the number of dwarf GFIs to 1 and use the full roster. So Ma6 with one GFI but we need one player back field to pick the ball up and give it to the scorer either by hand off or throw

Last edited by Garion on %b %11, %2011 - %20:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2011 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

t0tem wrote:
good job!

probably just my browser being drunk but weird things happen with the headings as i scroll through the suggestions for starting lineups.

EDIT: they disappear and reappear...

Doesnt happen to mine, Im on firefox. anyone else get this problem?
t0tem

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2011 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Happens partly on Elf, Ogre and Skaven. Doesn't happen at all on Amazon. Happens alot on Wood Elf. Didn't check the other rosters.

I'm on IE.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2011 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Added more One turn touchdown help pages - http://fumbbl.com/help:OTT

One for Dwarf and one for Dark Elf, taken from Bardazurs Blog

also added how to take good photos of miniatures from Colins blog - http://fumbbl.com/help:MiniPhotography

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2011 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Added a speed painting guide too - https://fumbbl.com/help:SpeedPainting

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2011 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

added a time-line of bloodbowl editions release dates - http://fumbbl.com/help:TimeLine
 Jump to: