35 coaches online • Server time: 12:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Garion wrote:
Yup, do you have a link to somewhere for the intructions for how to do it including how to change dice rolls add skills etc...

If so I will format it and put it on now.

zakatan wrote:
i'll take a look after work, this evening

Thanks that would be great Smile

if you run the client in test mode, all the commands are described under the "help" tab

I'm at work though so cant access the client, it would be nice to have the instuctions in the help guide too so people would understand what type of thing is possible in test mode. Im sure I found full instructions for it elsewhere once I cant remeber where though. Any ideas guys?

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

and to run the client in test-mode you have to use "test: <gamename>" where you exchange <gamename> with any word. It is important with the space after the colon.

You can also use another players team in test-mode by using that team-number for your launch link.
If you copy the play-link and paste it in your adress bar, you can substitute the Team-number. like this
http://www.fumbbl.com/ffb.jnlp?id=645573 That would give you the option to play with my team.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=17982

release notes 0.5.7 and 0.5.8

I believe those cover everything

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

for the /skill command it's not explained in the notes:

/skill add <playernr> <skill>
/skill remove <playernr> <skill>

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

you can also do
/stat <playernr> <stat> <value>
so
/stat 3 MA 10
gives player 2 MA of 10.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i believe you got a typo there Wink

anyway the /stat command is described already on release note 0.5.8

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I have added a section on test mode. I have tried to write it in a way that makes it as easy to understand as possible for a user that has no idea about anything.

I havent included all the test mode commands because I dont know them all and they are all in the help section as you say. I will have a look at the full list later this week and add them then if you feel this is needed.

Does this look okay to you guys is their anything I have got wrong or that you feel needs changing re-wording?

http://fumbbl.com/help:FFBHelp

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

One quick note on chatting. If the player can not see the chat input box and can't resolve the issue, they can click the chat area (where it is displayed) then TAB and are able to chat.

Looks great.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay Whatball is here Smile what do you think we need to change in the rest of the user guides for Ranked because I dont think there is any mention of ranked using FFB yet?

Edit: I will add that to the cant chat section in the next hour sometime Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try and find some time to have a look. Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
One quick note on chatting. If the player can not see the chat input box and can't resolve the issue, they can click the chat area (where it is displayed) then TAB and are able to chat.

Looks great.

Done!

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I went out of the loop on this for a while with some weekends away, etc.

Do we think the UG is where we want it to be now? I think most of it's looking pretty good. I suppose we need to update the Quick Start with R instructions as well as the B bit...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps;

'Click HOME from the menu at the top of the front page, this takes you to your homepage. Click 'Create a new team'. At this point you will be asked to select a division for your team to play in. As a new coach the best place to find games is the Blackbox division. Currently the other divisions are not ready to play FFB games in yet but this is due to change soon. '

Can change to;

'Click HOME from the menu at the top of the front page, this takes you to your homepage. Click 'Create a new team'. At this point you will be asked to select a division for your team to play in. As a new coach the best places to find games are the Ranked and Blackbox divisions. Currently the other divisions are not ready to play FFB games in yet but this is due to change soon. Ranked is an open league where you can choose your games, Blackbox has a pairing system that does it for you.'

Then section 4 goes to 4a) the Ranked stuff (pinch from previous UG) and 4b), Blackbox as is. 4a) Can just be section 5 from here.

Seem reasonable?
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye, sounds good to me, the part about other divisions not being ready certainly needs to be changed. But do you think we should have another seperate quick start guide for ranked, or should we make this one a combined one? Because black box is still the main division on the site at the moment purely from a usage/statistical point of view?

Is it where we want it to be? I dont know, thats a tough one. I think having a quick start guide right at the top of the page is a good thing. Its certainly hard to miss. But I also understand why it my be better to put it where the old quick start guides are and make a ranked one as well.

Also have you had a chance to read the help section i wrote yet? Any feedback?

http://fumbbl.com/help:FFBHelp

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll have a looksee. And a think about the other stuff. Perhaps it's best to leave it until tournaments are back and we know if R is going to have a big boost.
 Jump to: