16 coaches online • Server time: 06:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
So, do I sack the rat mentioned below?
Yes, be a tough coach and trim that TR
29%
 29%  [ 16 ]
No, he is great 5 out of 6 games
35%
 35%  [ 19 ]
Yes, he will hog SPP and will need to be fired anyway
31%
 31%  [ 17 ]
Sack the missing linerat instead
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sack both to Assistants and keep trimming them
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Something else which I will describe below
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 54

R_Spiskit

Post 5 Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all.
I have a skaven team (not on FUMBBL) who are on TR 136 with 10FF and 20k in the bank. They have 14 players. One lineman with block is missing the next game.

I have a Storm Vermin, who in his first game racked up 2 casualties and an MVP. He got Guard and rolled double 1 for aging gaining a niggle.

Sacking him would drop my TR to 125, the next winnings band.

So, do I be really harsh and sack him? Or do I play him on the team for a while longer?
VoidSeer

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the rest of the team like ?
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Great .... sack the Vermin . . then lose the game. Now you're +1 winnings is offset by the -1 loss and you have to buy andother blocker.

No brainer never drop a player SOLEY for the +1 winnings

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, drop him now. Next game he might get MVP, a TD and CAS and a new skill. Then you get to attached t ohim and cant drop him. Drop him now, since it gets harder each game as you grow emotional attached to the players.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe that people are answering this question without asking for more information.

How long is your league? How strong is your team relative to the others? Why are you playing the game? Do you expect to be playing another season with this team? Does the player have a cool name? Etc.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
CLAWS

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all, keep em coming.
The rest of the team is 2 GRs, both with sprint, 1 with sure feet. 1 brand new Storm Vermin. 1 thrower and 9 linerats, 2 witj block. I have played 3 games and won em all.
The league is relatively open, to the extent that they will nearly always play teams within 20 TR but cannot refuse to play dwarfs or khemri.
I would like to continue the team as long as they can live.
He does not have a name as I name my players after 2 games so I get a feel for how they play and gime them a mildly humorous name, like my thrower: I Tossalot.
I play for wins in this league, not team life.
Cheers, hopes this helps.
Flynn

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

sprint surefeet is a terrible start for a gr
block sidestep is so much better
people who take sprint surefeet are just looking for one turners and that ruins the game
my 2c is cack the whole team and start over
but thats just me

Goodbye Cusi
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Listen to Mully. Sure, you get a +1 to the winnings roll, but so what? Teams are SUPPOSED to "evolve" and become stronger, thus requiring less money, isn't that the way Blood Bowl is set up? Like a TR 350 team, they almost never receive money, but they hardly ever need it because their players are hard to take down. Keep your player, niggles only hurt teams who can't have apoths, it will be all right for a little while.

Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't listen to Mully. =)

You will age again, it's only a matter of time, and on top of that, injuries will probably come up as well. You are much better off to cut your losses now and fire him and buy a new one ASAP.

The Finishing Touch
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, closer voting than I expected.
Currently 7 say sack, 8 say keep. This is up for seven days, then I will make my choice.

Keep the advice/opinions coming.
Thanks.
Matt_wyeth

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

quite frankly a gutter runner that you fire is good for 0 out of 6 games and the niggled gutter runner is good for 5 out of 6 games do the math
origami

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

You should ditch the Storm Vermin.

The league is long term, so you need to be careful about accumulating niggles. Also, you will always play teams that are near your TR, so the decrease in your team strength is irrelevant.

In this situation, I would get rid of any of your players that age on these first few skill rolls. The exception would be if you got something nice, like a stat increase or doubles, but even then...
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of the people saying "keep him" are taking a very short term view. Yes, for the next game, it will be better to have him than fire him. However, 5-10 games down the line, do you really want a player with an extra niggling injury who now has too many skills to easily fire and replace? Fire him now, so you can start training the replacement now. The longer you put it off, the more skills he will get, and the harder it will become to fire him and train up a replacement.

The Finishing Touch
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Do what you want and tell us if it worked

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a witch elf that niggled in my first game

now i have a 28spp witch elf with a niggle, 10 games later, and i cant afford to sack her because it is such a huge hit to my TR and ability to win games...

i would have been more likely to win back then with no witch elf and all those spps would go to a new player, but now i just cant afford to fire here... as an example, the team im talking about have 5 nigglers and they are the 5 players witht he most spps, so if someone get virus, i get spanked..
 Jump to: