69 coaches online • Server time: 22:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is for you to coment on the achievment badges for the new client, Post your fav's and any you dont think are up 2 scratch,
if enough people agree on certain badges not being good enough i will happily have another crack at making it.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say that badges aren't for me, the whole 'achievement' thing isn't my bag.

However, I think the amount of work that's gone in here is utterly superb. Well done to those involved, and I think that those that like badges will have a hoot. Really good stuff.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The badges look fantastic! I would probably go for some of the team specific badges, but I'm with Purp on the whole achievement thing. They would look great on a team bio!

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The badges look very nice.
I also like the idea of achievements but I find the current implementation not very interesting.
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Well done to those involved,

That would be just me then Smile

(James probert created the HTML code to arrange and show the badges so he deserves some of the credit as well i suppose and Hero164 for the original ideas)

Last edited by Shades_SteelFist on Feb 10, 2011 - 14:51; edited 2 times in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

OK... Well done you! Very Happy
maysrill

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

If there were some automated thing that updated when you achieved one, that might be neat. I don't really plan to invest in manually tracking my achievements though.

I will however chime in with the "badges look awesome" crowd. Nice work!

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I love it, and have started updating mine with the pics, I dont go out my way to get them (with the exception of an undead team made for killing star players), but when I do get one I add them to my bio. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coachinfo&coach=106951

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
If there were some automated thing that updated when you achieved one, that might be neat. I don't really plan to invest in manually tracking my achievements though.

I will however chime in with the "badges look awesome" crowd. Nice work!

I agree with Maysrill, great work creating them, but it's something I would only personally be interested in if they were automated.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

You can only have 2 star players, so the Orc one for having 5 is a bit outdated Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
You can only have 2 star players, so the Orc one for having 5 is a bit outdated Very Happy

HHHMMM In that case we gona need a new Orc badge

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

They're awesome. I'm probably going to put a few of them in my team's bios if I can.

I find some of them to be difficult to undertand, either because the image is too detailed for the place it have (and is blurry) or because the text is hard too read because the badge name is too long (but you're outta luck on that one). But these are really very minor point, you've done a magnificient job and a lot of work. The only ones that bothers me is the high elf ones. have white letters on a white background ; and even with the light blue surrounding around the letter, they are difficult to read. Edit : the problem happens with the norse badges as well.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Anything that adds to the site is good in my book, however I am w/ a few of the others in that if they are not automated I won't be taking time to track such stats. Some of the badges look a bit plain, but over-all a job very well done. Thanks to those involved for making Fumbbl a richer/fluffier place. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I can provide the code for the table (with images) if there is demand for it.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Its nice but I agree that it needs to be automatic to be realy interested. I also feel that all achievements should be reachable without restarting your team. Things like reaching 10,0,0 for your first 10 games will have people restarting over and over wich I dont think is a good idea.
 Jump to: