21 coaches online • Server time: 02:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you be fine with their being an exception in the maximum allowed team difference for halflings?
Yes
59%
 59%  [ 73 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 122

ruqakaal

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

jock mcrowdy the cards can do more than the babes ever will
i saw a TT match were the underdog had 650k to burn he chose 9 50k cards and a bribe:)(new 1000 team v 1650)
his opponent was heavily slowed by a barrage cheap tricks, bannana peels,mines,pies,extra blitzes greased shoes, and teleportation ring to name some. the opponent was was facing a pitiful excuse for a team that was hounding his every move
inductments are never a replacement of a good team though the underdog eventually got splattered in a claw based genocide to lose 3-1 he didnt like how we were all cheering the new guy take him on:)
had he just picked a star or some babes i doubt hell have lasted as long...or had as much fun stopping the inevitable

also theres no ruling on combining cards, punt and spectacurlar catch is a good example(bioth special team plays)
leap and knuckledusters makes an unstoppable blitz on the ball carrier(free POW anyone?)

on one note they can cause unusual arguments
does a snotling given a 50k chainsaw lose right stuff(we easily agreed he does)

but by far the most argument came from the order in which bonehead(via card) and Bloodlust are rolled which comes first? can you bonehead and STILL bite a thrall or dont you need to? if the player is stupid or wild there is a similar problem

the cards will be awsome but the amount of holes in the rules would be a big problem....
naturally just like the rest of the rules:)

oh and on topic if you give halflings the chance to play extra up what about goblins?
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ruqakaal, he said they were stupid, not useless Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

For me this topic is not about complaining but about discussion since I agree with someone stating above that the former restriction in TS difference could be dropped with the inducements in the new ruleset.

And no; it does not have to be that way, but maybe people who are in charge think about it. If not, well I can live with the old rules, too. It is just a discussion, so no offense here.
ruqakaal

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

i wasnt attacking there just making a point so sorry if that came out defensive
but i am know more bothered wondering the OFAB bonehead conundrum Smile
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

yarr quite the opposite some of the cards are ridiculously broken and game breaking, cloned ball and the one with crowd assists are ludicrous. As are any that auto make the ballcarrier fall over and drop it, they are not quite as dumb as deathzones but they are getting there

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

ruqakaal, there is a rule limiting you to take a maximum of 4 card.
I feel the cards are a poor substitute for inducements, they are to much lottery to say that they make a fair matchup.

The stars does a much better work there, especially as you can choose to pick the star that helps you the most against the current opponent.
A hard to take down star that you can sacrifice is a great thing against most opponents and can really keep you in the game.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2011 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

/me has a full set of deathzone cards for sale or trade!

Goblins need no inducements (Ok, bribes are really helpful), they are no longer just tougher halflings.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted no to have the same rule for all teams. If it is 15% or 30% i dont care.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2011 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

deathzone cards rocked

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2011 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe Halflings could get "rostered" Chef and SuperTreeman, and Goblins, the Bribes. Buy them as other things, same price than when they are inducements, add them to TV.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2011 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Halflings are more competitive with larger inducements. So, yeah, anything that can give the stunty races a stronger chance to win is great IMO...
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2011 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
/me has a full set of deathzone cards for sale or trade!

Goblins need no inducements (Ok, bribes are really helpful), they are no longer just tougher halflings.

Please play some games with goblins in the black box and then comment!
fabik

Post   Posted: May 06, 2011 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely YES.

Inducements give sense to flings, i think it would be great

"Dho!"
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 06, 2011 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

more bad necro. go find your bodies to satisfy yr unnatural lusts elsewhere!

Post   Posted: May 06, 2011 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

First fully implemet features. (I want my bombs ^^). then we continue Smile.
But jep in R no real need for max TV caps. Only exception are fumbble rookies. They can be missused because the will be ripped appart and outrun siply by not knowin how to play right.
Also of course it sould be possible to tranfer cash for inducemnts.

Greetings

Smeesh
 Jump to: