58 coaches online • Server time: 23:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you be fine with their being an exception in the maximum allowed team difference for halflings?
Yes
59%
 59%  [ 73 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 122

maysrill

Post   Posted: May 06, 2011 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeesh wrote:
First fully implemet features. (I want my bombs ^^). then we continue Smile.
But jep in R no real need for max TV caps. Only exception are fumbble rookies. They can be missused because the will be ripped appart and outrun siply by not knowin how to play right.
Also of course it sould be possible to tranfer cash for inducemnts.

Greetings

Smeesh

It gives you the option to transfer cash for inducements.
Smeesh

Post   Posted: May 07, 2011 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

How ? It doesnt work I give inducements to my oponent?

PS: I voted no now, because only haflings should not be the target.
Kinks

Post   Posted: May 07, 2011 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
Differences for different teams is a bad thing.

Then play in a non-progression human league. Razz Looks like you are getting your wish anyway, clone teams seem to be in fashion!

All teams are different. CRP, as I understand it, was designed for short term league play (approx 30 games I seem to recall Plasmoid / Martian saying). Clearly flings would never reach the same TV over this period as most other teams and therefore would usually be receiving inducements.

I don't see what the problem with this proposal is.

Also, it makes sense fluff wise. I'm sure lots of gold coins would pass hands to encourage flings to turn up on the pitch.

Finally, It may give flings an outside chance vs dorfs! How is that not awesome?

Post   Posted: May 07, 2011 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
CRP, as I understand it, was designed for short term league play (approx 30 games I seem to recall Plasmoid / Martian saying).

As I remember, the above is an urban legend - as the working title for CRP had "perpetual" in there, and from the other mentionings of teams leaving and joining a league, plus something that Galak wrote.
Unfortunately I can't back it up with the posts in the forum by hand-searching.
Kinks

Post   Posted: May 07, 2011 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Not really an important point now I come to think about it.. In a league that went on for any length of time flings would increase in TV much slower than other teams and peak at a much lower TV than most.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2011 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeesh wrote:
How ? It doesnt work I give inducements to my oponent?

PS: I voted no now, because only haflings should not be the target.

That's per the rules.

Highest TV team gets option to transfer cash first, if they do their TV increases by the same amount. This means your opponent will get the same amount to use for inducements but you can get that chef/wizard that you think you'll need.

Lower teams transferring cash tend to only be if they were say 20k underdogs and really wanted a babe they'd spend 70k to get it.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2011 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see why those in charge might feel that R should continue to be "competitive" and not have wider TV allowances but I don't think there's any real prospect of R games increasing much if you have to go to League to enjoy the cool inducements (not that I consider that to be a problem).

Post   Posted: May 31, 2011 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not play it how it's written in the "official" tabletop rules? If Ranked is considered a league in itself, then it should be fair game. Trust me, as a tabletop fling player for 15 years, 1500 points of inducements wont help you against a coach that is worth their scratch.
 Jump to: