37 coaches online • Server time: 10:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you be fine with their being an exception in the maximum allowed team difference for halflings?
Yes
59%
 59%  [ 73 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 122

Tzeneth

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we should consider allowing halfling teams to play at a larger deficit than 15% in ranked, since it's core to halfling strategy to use inducements.

How much is up for debate. Personally, I'd say they should be allowed to get a 400 difference as that gives them 400k in inducements as that is a common strategy for halfling teams in order to get the chef and Deeproot Strongbranch.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the 15% difference rule is just used for the B scheduler.

I'm not sure yet what the maximum difference will be in Ranked. According to the Division info it's still at 40 TS, but since TS doens't work anymore I'm sure that will not be upheld.

So if you want to play up with your flings, just do it, but keep it reasonable.

Voted no by the way. We need a single ruling to apply to all races.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

According to the admins, the max 15% difference applies to Ranked as well.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Differences for different teams is a bad thing. But i am all for raising the 15% to at least 20% or preferably 25%
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think anyone could have any complaints about that really, because in ranked your opponent would obviously be aware of the TV difference when agreeing for a game. However it might be really difficult to program race specific rules into the site, I dont know?

But raising ranked to 25% sounds like a better idea anyway so people can enjoy the inducements.

But really they are a league team only now and I will certainly be playing with them when league goes live because they can only play now with inducements, unless you are playing against ogres every game. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfling teams should be able to add money to their petty cash for guaranteed inducements. Like every team.

Oscar Wilde
PhoenixxX

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
Differences for different teams is a bad thing. But i am all for raising the 15% to at least 20% or preferably 25%

I am not for this until petty cash and the Wiz is implemented.
After that raise it as the community wishes.
gandresch

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The inducements work pretty well. There are not all inducements implemented by now, but the idea in ranked should be, that every team can play against every other team.
uuni

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a fixed maximum TV difference, as was the way with LRB 4? Back then it was 40tr, which would translate directly to 400TV.

If the inducements are better at filling the value difference than handicaps were, the fixed difference that would amount to 40 TR could be higher, perhaps 400-800 TV? If the hadicaps would be valued to be half of their list price of 5 TR and the inducements would be valued of 2/3 of their list price, 1 TR difference would equal to about 15 TV difference in the current inducement system. This would mean that a limit of 600 TV would have the same amount of imbalancedness as in previous system a difference of 40 TR.

What do you think about this math?
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the maximum difference should be the maximum amount the weaker team can spend on inducements. This could be exploited of course, but personally I would like to play some games with big inducements, just for fun.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, one thing to bear note is that currently all inducements are not implemented, most notably the wizard. This means that the inducements can be of less use than designed.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like for halflings getting extra inducements to play at least 150+TV matches or something like that.

Halflings with chef and deeproot against a starter team isn't what I want to see.

But I voted yes.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Raise the bar on tv to 20% in ranked. A tv 1000team gets to play upp to 1200. A tv 1500 get to play upp to 1800 and a tv2000 gets to play upp to 2400. That spread in tv aint huge and gives rather fair games. This will also give the option of seeing the bigger stars of bloodbowl at games over 2000tv and people will see mostly bloodweiserbabes, bribes and chainsaws in the lower tiers.
On1

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
I think the maximum difference should be the maximum amount the weaker team can spend on inducements. This could be exploited of course, but personally I would like to play some games with big inducements, just for fun.

So you want teams to be able to play 2000TV down/up? (2 expensive stars, +max of babes/bribes/apos etc.

Or are you talking about being able to buy the most expensive single inducement? (as in morg)
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
According to the admins, the max 15% difference applies to Ranked as well.

Accually that would be a terrible idea. Ranked is and used to be always a place where it was possible to compensate for highly unfavorable matchups by high TV difference. Making use of inducements really gets first interesting if the difference is very high. 15% would be so little that it would be in the area where it is just not worthwile to take a matchup on having a lower TV and the matches being played would drop by estimated 40%.
 Jump to: