41 coaches online • Server time: 13:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

As I'm rather new, and I'm still getting used to all the different groups and leagues and tournaments and.. well.. everything on this site, I have run across the Championship listing.

It seems to be an ongoing current thing - but (after roughtly calculating my own score at the moment), I can't seem to find myself. I also couldn't find myself based on my score from yesterday; so I am wondering if anyone could let me know how it works? I realize it doesn't really mean much to be on there, and I'm not going to be in the top 30 any time soon, but I'd like to be able to watch my progress.

(On a similar note, how does your coach rating work? I see it goes up and down, but is it purely based on wins/losses, or what?)

Thanks for any help, or helpful links you could point me to!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

no one really cares about the monthly championship.

Just sayin,

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, everyone just ignores it, to be honest.

It's based on the TS (Team Strength - an old FUMBBL ranking for teams we no longer use) and CR (Coach Ranking) of you and your opponents. Best relative performance every month wins.

Quite apart from noone paying attention, it now no longer even works, since we don’t use TS now and Blackbox results are included. Best way to chart your progress as a new coach is the w/d/l of your teams.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the championship doesn't mean an awful lot and the calculation itself is probably broken. However, I find it can be a useful indicator of how well coaches are doing at the moment relative to everyone else, in terms of w/d/l. Especially in the Box, where you're (usually) not able to see the BWR of the guy you just played.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Your current championship standing can be seen on your profile (yours is currently 316).
The calculation of championship is on the championship page: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=championship

Information on ranking: http://fumbbl.com/help:Ranking
Information on TS: http://fumbbl.com/help:Strength
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

ahh thanks
Fela

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Yeah, the championship doesn't mean an awful lot and the calculation itself is probably broken. However, I find it can be a useful indicator of how well coaches are doing at the moment relative to everyone else, in terms of w/d/l. Especially in the Box, where you're (usually) not able to see the BWR of the guy you just played.

Doesn't it only count matches played in ranked?
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Fela wrote:

No, it also counts Box matches. And uses CR for them...
Fela

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
Fela wrote:

Lol. So the way to 'win' the championship each month is getting your CR as low as possible on purpose and then play only box? Wink
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Fela wrote:
RandomOracle wrote:
Fela wrote:

Lol. So the way to 'win' the championship each month is getting your CR as low as possible on purpose and then play only box? Wink

indeed
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting to top of Championship is sign of really great coach. Anyone currently in top 5 is master Blood Bowler.

Oscar Wilde
gjopie

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Getting to top of Championship is sign of really great coach. Anyone currently in top 5 is master Blood Bowler.

I'd say top 10, personally. Cool
Niebling

Post   Posted: May 08, 2011 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:
Grod wrote:

I'd say top 10, personally. Cool

WUHU I am great then....... Twisted Evil
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 08, 2011 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:

Hehe, you are funny man Grod.
backelie

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
Fela wrote:

Now, I'm only a lowly newb, but there's evidence that suggests it does use BWR. Look at tarabaralla's 'CR-difficulty' on the championshiplist. With him at 150 CR that would suggest he's getting matched up with <135 CR coaches on average in the box. More likely then to me that it does count BWR for box matchups.
 Jump to: