47 coaches online • Server time: 19:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Metadone

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I was spectating a match 2-3 days ago where a vampire got hurt and didn't regen. By the looks of it, the coach must have been proposed to use the apo following this regen failure as the vampire was saved by the apo. As far as I understand, the apo can't be used on a regenerating player.

Although I'm not a very regular player, may I take this opportunity to take my hat off to everyone who has been, is and will be working on this project. I know jack$hit to programming but I can only imagine it's a big project. Well done guys!

Kind regards,
Meta
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires no longer have the Undead skill, so I assume apo's can be used on them.
Metadone

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Might be my bad, just reread the rules and the description of regeneration indicates that a regen roll can be made after a casualty has happened and after the apo has failed so yes they can use it.

However, I remember seeing the apo roll happening after the regen roll had failed where it should be the other way round (apo, then regen).

Sorry for the confusion.

Kind regards,
Meta
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the use of the apo is before regen is rolled. Other than that, only players with undead skill can't use apo.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes definately; first the apo roll; then the regeneration roll.

Did not pay attention so far, which sequence is used by the FFB client.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Its apo first in ffb, this only happens with vampires though and is infact implemented correctly, but this is NOT one of the big list of gamebreaking or altering bugs that are related to vampires & their bloodlust mostly.
srjuanone

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

if u use the apo on a regen player and you keep the new result, can the player still use regen??

Thx
uuni

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The OP may have a lead on something. I was in the belief that Zakatan described, so that the apo would be used before Regeneration. However I read the rules again, and Regeneration skill says the following: "If the player suffers a Casualty result on the Injury table, then roll a D6 for Regeneration after the roll on the Casualty table and after any Apothecary roll, if allowed."

Does this mean that you can use the Regeneration skill on the naked cas result and after that you can again use it on the apoed cas result?

I think this may be a difference between LRB6 and CRP.
nin

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Almost makes me start a new Vamp team.

By the way, it works that way with Trolls too (as it used to).
Metadone

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
Does this mean that you can use the Regeneration skill on the naked cas result and after that you can again use it on the apoed cas result

That's what I remember seeing but my memory might deserve me. Guess I'll have to play my new vamp team, buy an apo and pray for a CAS on one of them to see. Unless someone wants to guyneapig this Smile

Meta

Last edited by Metadone on Feb 16, 2011 - 14:56; edited 1 time in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

srjuanone wrote:
if u use the apo on a regen player and you keep the new result, can the player still use regen??

Thx

yes

@uuni: you can obviously only roll regen once. The "and" links both the casualty roll and the apo roll. So you regen after both (if allowed/desired) happened.
uuni

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

@zakatan: so the original message of:
"If the player suffers a Casualty result on the Injury table, then roll a D6 for Regeneration after the roll on the Casualty table and after any Apothecary roll, if allowed."
means the same as:
"If the player suffers a Casualty result on the Injury table, then roll a D6 for Regeneration after both the roll on the Casualty table and --- the Apothecary roll, if allowed."
and not the same as:
"If the player suffers a Casualty result on the Injury table, then roll a D6 for Regeneration, after the roll on the Casualty table, and again after any Apothecary roll, if allowed."

Is it like this? In finnish we use the punctuation to implicitly differ the two cases. Ah, language! Razz
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
@zakatan: so the original message of:
"If the player suffers a Casualty result on the Injury table, then roll a D6 for Regeneration after the roll on the Casualty table and after any Apothecary roll, if allowed."
means the same as:
"If the player suffers a Casualty result on the Injury table, then roll a D6 for Regeneration after both the roll on the Casualty table and --- the Apothecary roll, if allowed."
and not the same as:
"If the player suffers a Casualty result on the Injury table, then roll a D6 for Regeneration, after the roll on the Casualty table, and again after any Apothecary roll, if allowed."

Is it like this? In finnish we use the punctuation to implicitly differ the two cases. Ah, language! Razz

yup. Many skill descriptions are poorly worded in the BloodBowl Rulebooks, such as this one, and are open to interpretation.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Actually the use of the apo is before regen is rolled. Other than that, only players with undead skill can't use apo.

Just to be smartassing as bit: As there is no undead skill, it is only players of the teams who can't buy an apo, Star Players, and eaten players who can't be apo'ed
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk wrote:
zakatan wrote:

Just to be smartassing as bit: As there is no undead skill, it is only players of the teams who can't buy an apo, Star Players, and eaten players who can't be apo'ed

oh well, i guess zombis then could be apoed if they had an available apo... The limitation is not on the players but on the team Smile

smartassing the smartass!
 Jump to: