71 coaches online • Server time: 21:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Fela wrote:
Ball and chain is pretty much a negatrait, IMO?

Not implemented yet. But also I think that the ball and chain stars are not available until it is activated. I could be wrong?
JanekT

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Christer intended to block them, but everything broke when he tried. I've definitely played against ST7 goblins in the past :\ Might have succeeded since then, though.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The teams that benefit most:
1)Team with cash
2)Feel they need a specific set of inducments and have the cash
3)could care less if they give their opponeet equal value of inducement money

#3 is the most important...because if you are the favorite and add cash you give your opponeet even more money, equal value. Same applies to the underdog. The perfect zone to mess with petty cash is when the TV diffrence is small and the underdog can buy a bribe or a babe and not give the favorite, before transfer, any inducement or only a babe in response.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
Fela wrote:
Ball and chain is pretty much a negatrait, IMO?

Not implemented yet. But also I think that the ball and chain stars are not available until it is activated. I could be wrong?

Wo there. Ball and Chain is most definately not a negatrait. The new rules make it is one of the best weapons in the game if used effectively and with a little luck can make complete mince meat out of Killer mutation teams.

I cant wait to induce him. I really hope ball and chain comes a long soon and bombadier because Goblins are a pretty good team now for league play.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I played an equal TV Dark Elf Team with my Chaos and they paid for Babes. Seemed like a good call as the chances would be that he would benefit more from us both having babes than I would.
I think in tournaments it will be big for Elfs as they will be able to guarantee a Wizard in every game.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Elves will struggle to maintain money at a high Tv though, because their linemen and positionals are uber expensive and they are firly squishy.

The only real winners here are teams with regen. Most of the regen teams are pretty hard hitters anyway. Regen is now better than an apothecary. The cost of linemen on most regen teams is pretty low and the positionals although expensive shouldn't die too often.

Teams like Undead and Necro will really benefit from this because they have Ghouls and Wights who can take advantage of the wizards ability and capitalise on loose balls. It also means they will regularly be able to hire an Igor as well.

I have already seen a couple of undead and necro teams that have in excess of 1,000,000 saved up.

Also would that happen to be those elves you destroyed without any tackle on your team Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

All his mens...

Like Brogres!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahaha yes it was those guys, it actually backfired a bit for them as they caused hella knockouts on my beastmen. I think Elf teams will be able to save a lot of money if they go journeyman heavy for extended periods or simply gold farm for a while. Anyone playing vs killer teams will be able to secure Apos to limit the perm pain which is nice.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

1) site does not allow to "go journeymen heavy for extended periods"
2) a wizard is 150k. Guarantee every game???
3) jeez you kicked out all elves and it was 1-1 ???
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

As Reisender said it is against the site rules to abuse the journeymen.

This team of mine - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=644355 at one stage had 300k saved up it didnt take very long for that all to disapear once the team was playing round the 200TV mark.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I like abusing Journeymen. They have no medical insurance and yet I always place them on the LoS.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

aye. although I see many teams ignoring the must have 11 rule, I'm sure at some point in time in the future one will not be able to click the "ready to play" button if over 160k with less than 11 players.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Loner is a negatrait, all stars have it.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Jarvis' ATM refers to the fact that ball and chain is not yet implemented.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
Garion wrote:

aye. although I see many teams ignoring the must have 11 rule, I'm sure at some point in time in the future one will not be able to click the "ready to play" button if over 160k with less than 11 players.

The 11 player rule was for LRB 4 and very different situations as now. The rule needs to be changed or removed, because with the journeymen, it really has no place there any more.
 Jump to: