72 coaches online • Server time: 20:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Retire or keep?
Retire all of them
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
Retire most of them but not the few I pick below
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Keep most of them but not the few I pick below
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Keep all of them
39%
 39%  [ 13 ]
Appropriate meme option
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 33

MadTias

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2011 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

With Ranked going CRP rules and TV management becoming as issue, I'm looking at my injured players with a critical eye and my finger over the "retire" button. But before I pull the trigger on all of them I thought I'd ask you, my fellow coaches, the question of who to keep and who to fire. Times have changed and the keepers of LRB4 might be the duds of CRP.

Here are the teams and players concerned:

Dark Elf team Aesthetic Umbrae TV 2730
Anthagonisthir 5448 Guard Block Lino 170k (-MA)
Devilith 8447 Blodge SS Sure Hands Blitzer 240k (-AV)
Mephistopheles 6358 Blodge SS Guard Blitzer 210k (-MA)

Dark Elf team Nocturama TV 2560
Crow Jane IV 6338 Block SS DT Lino 130k (-AG)
Loverman 7448 Blodge SS Tackle Sure Hands Blitzer 230k (n)
Red Right Hand II 6348 Blodge SS Guard DT Blitzer 190k (-MA)

Orc team Glitz Gitz TV 2210
Fludd 4439 Block Tackle DP Lino 160k (-MA)
Pludd 5339 Block DP DT Lino 160k (-AG)
Marduk 5337 Block Thrower 90k (-AV)

Wood Elf team Samovar Sinensis TV 2230
Oolong IX 7347 Blodge Lino 110k (n)
Sugar V 8237 Blodge Catcher 110k (-AG)

Human team Vaevictis Asmadi TV 2260
Kasimir the Lone Fox 5348 Block Kick Tackle Sure Hands Lino 150k (-MA)
Bartel Runesword 6338 Block DP Lino 90k (n)
Boreal Jasmin 9237 Blodge Sure Feet Catcher 190k (-ST)

Let me know what you think.
ultwe

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2011 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep them all... let them die on the pitch Wink

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Igvy

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2011 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd retire most of them, Unless you are really attached to the team i'd just make a new one. The team setups were so different for me I couldn't play my old teams.
Juff

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2011 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Orc thrower, Woodie catcher and Human catcher probably don't carry their TV. I'd likely let the others die on the pitch.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2011 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Juff wrote:
Orc thrower, Woodie catcher and Human catcher probably don't carry their TV. I'd likely let the others die on the pitch.

This.

You might want to keep the thrower though.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2011 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with the 'stein. -St is a huge no-no (wasn't it always?) and -agi catcher is pretty darn poor. (Thrower is so-so btu not special enough to keep long)

Otherwise they are more likely to die on the pitch now and CRP is mostly mroe amenable to keeping things. I'd keep half an eye on them and the treasury and replace most of them in time though (+St is pretty keepable and -Agi/Ma needn't be a problem on individuals so long as you use them right and they are suited to standing toe to toe).
PorkSol

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2011 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of them have some nice stat boosts, +ST or +AG on a relevant position wouldn't be an auto cut if they just lose movement/armor/get niggled

Fire:
Crow Jane IV - -AG on Elf, nothing special skillwise

Pludd - +AG then -AG, ick that is expensive

Marduk - he doesn't have anything special and can earn points fast, get a healthy one to suck up those points

Sugar V - -AG elf catcher with nothing special, can easily get a healthy one to the same place

Bartel Runesword - Would just save some team value, he is a bit redundant as you have a healthy backup DP and many players. Optional.

Boreal Jasmin - -STR plus STR is really expensive for no benefit.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2011 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the replies so far. Yes, I'm attached to my teams. Smile

The general rule for CRP should be that the higher your TV, the less likely you will be to generate cash to replace injured players. So you'll have to keep a few cripples to remain at high TV. If you start retiring at very high TV, you had better retire several players to be able to make some cash again. At lower TV, replacing injured players immediately seems like a good idea, as it lets you stay at cash-generating TV longer.

Of my teams, the two DE teams are at high or very high TV, so I'm leaning towards keeping all of the DE players to remain there. The three other teams are at lower TV, but still high.

Another general rule for CRP should be that you can't afford to have inefficent TV if you're going to play tournaments. Once the wizard is implemented, a 150k inducement swing is huge if you're playing or playing against a team that is good at stealing the ball (Bribe+Babe isn't nearly as impressive). This situation will come up in tournaments, so you can't really keep inefficient TV. This is most important for caging teams. If lower TV means you can deny the Wizard to just one Elf opponent, it's a win.

Da Glitz Gitz is an Orc tournament team, so I'm leaning towards firing all three players there. The +ST Lino is extremely expensive for an Orc team at 160k. I could have a Block Guard MB PO Black Orc for the same TV. The other two are basically crap, keeping a +AG-AG player isn't viable in CRP.

Samovar Sinensis is my ELF team, and as such they are often down in numbers. I'm undecided here, the players are nothing special and should be easily replaced, but at the same time I really like numbers on my ELF team. Firing them would leave me at TV 2010, still at 20k spiralling expenses. Tough call I think.

Vaevictis Asmadi is a mostly for fun team, so I think this was the easiest call to make: all three players are retiring. The +ST-ST Catcher is just insanely expensive. The -MA Lino is quite good but certainly not carrying his TV. And the niggled DP can't do his job with a niggle (his job is to get hit on the LOS and then get up and foul).

So, to sum up, retire the Orcs and Humans, keep the Dark Elves and not sure on the Wood Elves. Anyone else care to throw in their two cents?
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2011 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

AHh I didn't look at the actual links much and so missed the +&- guys. Sack them obviously.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2011 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

On a related note, four of my teams (Aesthetic Umbrae, Glitz Gitz, Vaevictis Asmadi and also my other Orc team da Teef Rippas) have 6 RR. That seems excessive for TV efficiency now. I'm thinking to drop at least one RR from all those teams and probably two from da Rippas. And I also have some assistant coaches hanging around, they should go too, right? Thoughts on this?

Man, how I fought to get Umbrae to 6 RR. I never had a healthy 15-elf roster and surplus cash to get it until game 200 or something. And now it might not be good enough to keep anymore! Sad
 Jump to: