37 coaches online • Server time: 16:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you agree that git is a pointless skill?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 86 ]
No
47%
 47%  [ 99 ]
Pie
11%
 11%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 210

PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I was thinking about taking Git on a double a few days ago. I did not because I realized what a pointless skill it is.

The skill is designed to fail. The whole purpose of the skill is fail at fouling so you will not get sent off. SO whats its purpose, to avoid a 1 in 6 roll? If you actually break armor your chances of getting sent off are the exact same as if you do not have git. So take DP, get enought Assists to break armor and foul away.

Whats the point of sending in a git boot if you hope to not break armor so you can use your nice git skill?

It just does not make sense to me.

SO I have decided it is the absolute worst skill possible to have, it serves no purpose at all, in less you call failure a purpose.

Git should have just been a racial trait and all goblins and snotlings get it for free and move on for the fluff.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

diving catch. just sayin.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You position your players in the optimal way without thinking about the foul.

Then you do the foul and it gives you a free armour roll.

If you fail, no harm done.

If you break armour you have an equal chance to make a CAS as to get sent off, so hopefully the guy on the ground is more important than your fouler.

It lets you foul with a good risk/reward without setting up huge assists.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree painstate. diving catch is more useful nowadays (actually an option for a human catcher as 4th or 5th skill i guess)
Kinks

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

All skills are not equal......

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
diving catch. just sayin.

Diving catch is the way to go man...+1 to catch an accurate pass...Oh I cant wait for my big guys to roll that double...a big guy who catches on a 3+.

As crazy as some would say that is...atleast it is a benefit.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
The skill is designed to fail. The whole purpose of the skill is fail at fouling so you will not get sent off.

with this same mentality, pass is designed to fail...catch is designed to fail...pro is designed to fail....

if you stop thinking that the skill is designed to fail, and start thinking that the skill is designed to help prevent failure....you'll have a better appreciation for it...

--j

ImageImage
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree sneaky git isn't a good doubles skill roll, but probably gives the agility teams that little extra edge in fouling over the non-agility teams.

I also agree it should be made stronger, like ignore the av roll for ref completely, not just on a failed foul. fouling got over-nerf'd in lrb6

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
PainState wrote:
The skill is designed to fail. The whole purpose of the skill is fail at fouling so you will not get sent off.

with this same mentality, pass is designed to fail...catch is designed to fail...pro is designed to fail....

if you stop thinking that the skill is designed to fail, and start thinking that the skill is designed to help prevent failure....you'll have a better appreciation for it...

--j

Well that is true..BUT those skills give you free rerolls, an added benefit, the odds if you need those skills are usually way better than a 1 in 6, more benefit. And the theory behind them is that they make a postional player better at what his roll is...Git does not make you better at fouling, It just saves your pixels the humilation of getting sent off. Thus it does not make you better.

Or a better way to say it...catch gives you better odds to catch the ball, a obvious benefit...Same applies to every skill with a reroll or possible reroll like pro...GIT gives you only one benefit, you dont get sent off when you fail a foul, but it also does not make you a better fouller.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't you know, this is one of those great counters for CPOMB we keep hearing about Cool

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Sneaky git is a skill that nullifies a critical failure, how is that so terrible? Not breaking AV is failure, getting ejected and not breaking AV is a critical failure. Granted, getting sent off on a successful AV break, which doesn't result in at least a KO, sucks... it's the risk vs reward of fouling.

I have a sneaky git on a lineorc (DP will be his second skill), I've been happy with the skill thus far. I've had it save him a few times and help me take out key opposing players (because I'm not timid to take my shots with sneaky git). The trick with sneaky git (with or without DP) is not to foul until you have a superior position, when you can afford to possibly lose a player and have it not put you at a disadvantage, but once in that situation you should foul every turn until he gets sent off or the pitch is clear... DP (without sneaky git) requires a more tactical approach, not only do you also want to be in a superior position like sneaky git, but a good number of assists are important as well (which isn't always possible).

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

It's useful, but only for halflings and gobbos IMO. Not worth a double on most players, almost certainly not worth it on an expensive elf.

If you have a sneaky git gobbo you use him for occasional unassisted fouls. Eg turns when you have no gang foul happening, and you need to move him anyway. It works quite well.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see SG changed so that it saves you from ejection on any armour roll (even if you break armour), but not on a doubles for injury. And also it should give a +1 assist to fouling, even if the Sg player is in a tackle zone. Then it would be a decent skill.

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %30, %2011 - %18:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

definitely not worth a double

maybe a dp goblin could use it efficiently

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, forgot to say that opponents tend to make it a point to prevent your fouler from fouling... by tagging him, counter fouling him, blitzing him, etc... it's a nice distraction and generally leads to opportunities that you may not have had otherwise. Plus it makes some coaches wary of piling on, just anywhere on the field.