44 coaches online • Server time: 00:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Biscuits or Cake?
Biscuits
19%
 19%  [ 23 ]
Cake
29%
 29%  [ 36 ]
Cocaine... or raisins!
51%
 51%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 121

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Im extremely bored here at work and just reading the forums and noticed that there are some odd names! Why do you decide on your name? BigMac!!! How is that related to BB! Razz

Contrary to what you might think, my name isnt Rob Brown, its Rob Elliott, but the reason I got the nicname came in freshers week in uni, the guy beside me in my corridor was also called Rob, but he had blond hair, so he became known as BlondeRob and I became known as BrownRob! When I actually signedup first to fumbbl I signed up as brownrob_ni (the ni bit coming from Northern Ireland) but ham fisted as I am, I forgot the email address I signed up with so signed up again as browwnrob_ni, which I got changed a while back.

How did you come about your own wacky nick? This post and poll are testaments as to how mindnumbingly bored I am here at work, and I cant even spec games Sad

Rob Surprised
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I made it up years ago for a role-playing game. It used to be longer, with an apostrophe in it, but I grew out of that.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I just hate bunnies...

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The first blood bowl team I ever coached was an Undead team the 'Dead Prezidents' made up of former heads of states with a good smattering of US presidents... so of course the coach just had to be called Mr Prezident, it kinda of stuck ever since (plus I couldnt be bothered to think up another original handle)

Mr P

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll get it, eventually.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

work mates being funny....and shit sticks...pfft Sparticus..... they call my wife Mr's Sparty....
spelledaren

Spelledaren - the GameMaster, from roleplaying.

Been a GM for ages and ages, and it's important to me. Been using the nick for other places as well, like my email (spelledaren@...)

Also been using Slakt (slaughter) as a nick when playing FPS, and my proxy games are always called that.

I really just got started on the internet when I was 28. The first e-mail I got was on Hotmail, and I spend the better part of an hour getting a name for it. Topper28 was available at the time so I picked that for lack of a better one. Because I´m old and have a sucky memory all my usernames from that day on got to be Topper28. Thought of changing it here, but now I kinda like it.
SnakeSanders

MrMojo wrote:
You'll get it, eventually.

Eventually isnt soon enough Wink
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I stole this nick from a guy I used to play Ad&D 3rd edition with. It was a ranger/barbarian type character. Really had no idear as to a nick, so I just chose this one. Sort of fits my personality and my humour. Also, in some BC Native tribes, the wolf is the protector of the family on the totem.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Needed a player name for some silly game once and took the name RedPhish - referencing to the band Phish, to the concept of Red Herring which is a method of argumentation that may be stupid, but non the less fun when dealing with some individuals, and finally refering to the fact that I am slightly left orientated. Just changed the Ph to F as I don't like my name implying any kind of dedication to any particular person or group. Silly individualism, I guess.
ultwe

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

When I first got on the Internet, many moons ago, I wanted to use Ulthwe as my login, as I always liked the way that name sounds, but it was already taken for that ISP. So I dropped the "h". Afterward, I decided to just keep it like that, a it is unusual, and have used it, under 1 form or another, for most of my logins ever since.
The strange thing is, I have never ever played 40K, or played eldars in Epic....

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

When I was thirteen or so and started using the internet for the first time I used thmbscrws as my nick. Back then the whole word thumbscrews wouldn't fit in whatever program I was using so I took some letters out and I just kept using the same nick for pretty much everything. Had the same nick for almost ten years now lol. For anyone who doesn't know a thumbscrew is a medieval torture device that is basically a vice they place your thumbs in and then screw it closed slowly. Thumbscrews where most often used by and made famouse by the Spanish Inquisition and as we all know, "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!". As for why I picked it as my nick, I haven't a clue it's been so long lol.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I have many Nicks, sprouting everywhere, may real name must be quite common. This one I use here is a pretty short and simple one as I'm myshelf, stole it from a character in a role-playing game.
Curro

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

My friends call me Curro since 1992, something about the pet of the EXPO 92 in Sevilla....
 Jump to: