32 coaches online • Server time: 09:03
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Is kicking first wit...goto Post Welcome Newcomers - ...goto Post Ghoul development
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fela



Joined: Dec 27, 2004

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

So, i finally found out the reason for all of those mysterious 'misclicks' that messed up a few of my matches.

When you select a player or command and then move the mouse before releasing the button, the position of the pointer is evaluated on release. I don't know if that's chosen because it is default behavior in some remote galaxy, but it certainly is neither intuitive nor user friendly.

Could we PLEASE change this to evalutation on clicking (i.e. button DOWN movement) instead?
JackassRampant



Joined: Feb 26, 2011

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

This explaineth much.

_________________
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and Tackle Zones; reddened blades of grass.
fly



Joined: Aug 02, 2003

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

leave it as is.
because the lrb4 client reacted no different.

_________________
I play for fun. I play to win.
Do you play CPOMB 'cause you can't win otherwise?
No, that's a rhetorical question.
shadow46x2



Joined: Nov 22, 2003

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 01:33
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

stop flailing your mouse around when you release the button...

problem solved

--j

_________________
origami wrote:
There is no god but Nuffle, and Shadow is his prophet.

ImageImage
Were_M_Eye



Joined: Sep 24, 2007

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I rather have it like it is now.

_________________
Zlurpcast, the third best blood bowl podcast in the world.
Hitonagashi



Joined: Apr 09, 2006

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I use this all the time...when I play quickly, I quite frequently make a move I decide even after I've clicked the mouse I don't want to do(for example, suddenly realising it would leave me in range of a clawmbpo) so just drag the mouse to the same square and release it again.

_________________
http://www.calculateyour.tv - an easy way to work out specific team builds.
Image
Fela



Joined: Dec 27, 2004

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i'm playing with a trackball, so sometimes when i click, my thumb will move the ball a fraction of a mm which WILL cause mouse movement.

Also, when i think of how my father in law uses a regular mouse..it's almost impossible for him to NOT move the mouse during his clicks.
pythrr



Joined: Mar 07, 2006

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

then don't use a trackball. what is this, 1987?

_________________
Image
Image
Fela



Joined: Dec 27, 2004

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
then don't use a trackball. what is this, 1987?


It's a lot less stress on the wrist and also more comfortable in restricted space?
Ruiner



Joined: Mar 25, 2010

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Fela wrote:
pythrr wrote:
then don't use a trackball. what is this, 1987?


It's a lot less stress on the wrist and also more comfortable in restricted space?


You should buy a gel support for your wrist, only cost about 10 and they work wonders.
Fela



Joined: Dec 27, 2004

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

fly wrote:
leave it as is.
because the lrb4 client reacted no different.


The LRB4 client had clearly defined action buttons for clicking that were as large as a soccer field. They also were awkward enough to use so that in doubt, I would use keyboard commands anyway. No on-player-menus and no miniature pitches (even the small field felt large compared to the FBB client's).

Ironically the new client's general intuitivity and user friendlyness make this unintuitive and user unfriendly implementation of the final aspect of player/skill selection so terrible.

I also realize that this will fall on deaf ears with 1337 gamers whose 1337n3ss will coincidentally prevent them from ever having to deal with game handicaps like nudges from impatient offspring (inherently lacking the latter).

My hope is though, that there is a majority of normal people and possibly the creators of the client also count themselves among us (although obviously closer to awesome due to said creation).

And even if there is no fix, this topic might just help people avoid mis'clicks', that are in fact just misreleases.
Fela



Joined: Dec 27, 2004

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ruiner wrote:
Fela wrote:
pythrr wrote:
then don't use a trackball. what is this, 1987?


It's a lot less stress on the wrist and also more comfortable in restricted space?


You should buy a gel support for your wrist, only cost about 10 and they work wonders.


Or i could just buy a trackball and subsequently have less problems with my wrist, mouse incompatible surfaces, restricted moving space or playing while reclining on the sofa..or wait, I did that already!
Were_M_Eye



Joined: Sep 24, 2007

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Fela wrote:

Or i could just buy a trackball and subsequently have less problems with my wrist, mouse incompatible surfaces, restricted moving space or playing while reclining on the sofa..or wait, I did that already!

And continue to miss click?
pythrr



Joined: Mar 07, 2006

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Were_M_Eye wrote:
Fela wrote:

Or i could just buy a trackball and subsequently have less problems with my wrist, mouse incompatible surfaces, restricted moving space or playing while reclining on the sofa..or wait, I did that already!

And continue to miss click?


I misclick sometimes without a track ball.

It is because I am sometimes inattentive, bored, distracted or drunk.

Good tradesmen do not blame their tools.
Ruiner



Joined: Mar 25, 2010

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2011 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Fela wrote:
Ruiner wrote:
Fela wrote:
pythrr wrote:
then don't use a trackball. what is this, 1987?


It's a lot less stress on the wrist and also more comfortable in restricted space?


You should buy a gel support for your wrist, only cost about 10 and they work wonders.


Or i could just buy a trackball and subsequently have less problems with my wrist, mouse incompatible surfaces, restricted moving space or playing while reclining on the sofa..or wait, I did that already!


So what was the whole point of making this thread again?
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 1.2 © 2003 PNphpBB Group
Credits