33 coaches online • Server time: 11:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2011 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I just can't take it any more. The scheduler needs to be fixed. An auto scheduler is a great concept, and Black Box is so close to being good, but I can't play it if it is so unfair. I can play my fair share of Chaos based teams and have fun. I can even beat a Chaos based team if I'm not down by 5 players on every drive. But I can't enjoy watching Chaos based teams smash their way to easy, victories game after game because I'm not being given anything else by the scheduler. I can't develop. I can't enjoy building a team. I'd be fine if there were no other type of opponents out there, but their are.
A comparison:
My humans have played Chaos 5 out of their last 10 games. "Chaos based" teams 7 out of their last 10, and "bashy" teams 9 out of the last 10.
How about all of those Chaos teams? Do they deal with the same? No. All 5 of those Chaos teams have played another chaos team max ONCE in the last 10 games. And they have only averaged playing Chaos Dwarf or Pact teams TWICE in their last 10 games. They get paired against skaven, elves, vamps, etc. etc. They develop. They enjoy variety. They don't get eaten by thier own kind.
Has someone who is in the system addressed this recent popular concern, and are they considering changing it? Could someone give us a hint? I'd like to know if there is hope, because if not, I'd like to get out now before I have any more time invested. Why would anyone play humans if this is all they get? The enjoyment is fading fast.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2011 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_cSnpoKMMk&feature=youtu.be

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2011 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that the idea of preventing mirror matches favores the killer teams and prevents that they kill themselves.
This should probably be removed.
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2011 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Few people played Humans before the scheduler. What's your point?

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
fly

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2011 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

the factor preventing mirror matches should be removed or inversed, to enforce mirror matches. the latter option sounds better every time i read it.

uzkulak

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2011 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

He's right, being a non-bashy team means you are more likely to play against a bashy team - and vice versa. Its the way the box works, you just have to live with it unfortunately. It is frustrating to keep losing players and always being beaten down, especially with a race that you should normally expect to get a reasonable amount of games where the bash power is relatively equal. So give the OP a break, maybe a bit of constructive advice might be more useful than some of the comments in this thread so far.

Hopefully some day when the transition to the new client is complete across the site and all the admins etc have time on their hands again, then this sort of thing can be looked at.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

oh god, who cares. chaos play nurgle, dorfs and orcs. are they not bashy enough?

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, Chaos teams are less likely to face each other? Isn't that a bit of an advantage? I thought the box was random, but it actually picks teams?
Bardazur

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I have the same problem with all my Blackbox teams. Above TV 1500, 80% of the games are against bashers.

I don't like mirror match, so it is a good thing if they are avoided. But it is true that playing an elf team (or even any non bashing team) in the Box is very frustrating. You can't developp your team above 2000 TV (so you never get the full efficency of a good elf team) your player are killed, injured, and even when you win the game, the loss of a key player makes your win bitter. And there is no "cool" game to recover when you miss 3 or 4 player for the next game. Journeymen make the thing easier, but it also mean that you will probably lose the game.

A feature that would be nice is some kind of "easy game rewards": each time you play against a baher team, you get 1 point. If you spent 5 points, you get a special activation button that grants you play against a non basher team (if possible, if it is not you are not scheduled and get your points back).
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Play Ranked.

Box should be teh awesome and sometimes (rarely) it is.
Most of the time the Box is teh suck.

Before the Box if you wanted Random matchups you could just accept ALL OFFERS.
If you wanted VARIETY you could refuse games you have played too many of recently.
If you were sick of Dwarves or Chaos or Elves you could avoid them.
Ranked offers everything Box does and more IF YOU USE RANKED RIGHT.
black_devil_laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Play Ranked.

Box should be teh awesome and sometimes (rarely) it is.
Most of the time the Box is teh suck.

Before the Box if you wanted Random matchups you could just accept ALL OFFERS.
If you wanted VARIETY you could refuse games you have played too many of recently.
If you were sick of Dwarves or Chaos or Elves you could avoid them.

The only problem with ranked, that I see is that I have been picked more often than not, and my dwarves haven't been able to get really a game in edgewise. And being picked just sucks.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think removing the whole avoiding mirror matches would be fine actually. Mostly chaos teams dont mind playing other chaos teams, but this is somewhat an issue that they mostly get paired against teams they do well against and kill them too (eg. everyone else) ;P.

The ruleset heavily favours chaos-kill and elf-score builds, any hybrid in between seems to have lost value, since the game is more supercharged now, eg. With mb po claw the players die.. you gotta make the difference quicker. Old 16-24 grinds are rarer now. Good elves can still make that happen though, but they'll be in trouble if the OTT fails or they lose the coin on the overtime.
Afro

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, the opponent of my undead team today was an undead team, too.

Does this mean it's the end of the world, or is the box random and some don't get it ? I don't know ...

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:

The community as a whole does not use ranked 'right'.

It's just a question of who is the picker and who is the pickee.

At least in the box there is the comfort of always feeling like the hard-done-by pickee Very Happy .....
floppeditbackwards

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If this is true, it needs to change. The best way to avoid the bashiest teams is to play one yourself? Nonsense. If this is true. Can anyone present any official confirmation?
 Jump to: