50 coaches online • Server time: 19:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2012 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, Nirvana is busy practicing cheering for the Shrieking Bloodstorm, who have actually entered into the Lustrian Tournament. As such, the Skaven seer cannot predict any results for this time.

However, on

this blog here

I will be keeping track of stats, including all the remaining qualifiers (listed as TV species, as opposed to team name), how many people are in the tournament, how many of what species are in the tournament, how many of each species make it to each round, and which species beats which species throughout the tournament.

Additionally, I will be keeping track of the highest TV still in the tournament (2430 Lizardmen now that the 2770 Sexy Ogres are out), and the lowest TV in the tournament (1490, the same pro elves that kicked the Sexy Ogres out).

If anyone has any other stats they feel would be interesting, I would be glad to add them to the blog.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I realized I missed one hugely important piece of information when I started my blog:

Legendary Players!

Legendary Players Entered in the Tournament, 16/17/20 :
H "My Body is an Army" Walker, Human Blitzer, 501 SPP
Shindahl, Skink, 403 SPP
Pootash, Orc Blitzer, 342 SPP
Botulinum, Beast of Nurgle, 283 SPP
Leia T M U A G D O I R, High Elf Catcher, 262 SPP
John Little, Dwarf Runner, 246 SPP
Bret "Hitman" Hart, Chaos Warrior, 237 SPP
Shivan hellkit, Chaos Warrior, 234 SPP
Malais, Chaos Warrior, 233 SPP, Lost Round 1
Aerien Fastfeet, Elf Catcher, 217 SPP
Calib, Chaos Dwarf Blocker, 209 SPP
Mr Red, Bull Centaur, 208 SPP, lost to Shindahl in Round 2
Fatechange Windmaster, Chaos Warrior, 205 SPP, Lost in Round 1
Kai-otta of the Mirror-Pool of Tepoc, Saurus, 195 SPP
Patrick Washington, Vampire, 194 SPP, Lost in Round 1
Gorax, Mummy, 188 SPP, Lost in Round 1
Mr. Happy, Dark Elf Blitzer, 188 SPP
Vezi Lumina, Nurgle Warrior, 184 SPP
Ardbeg Assasin, Vampire, 184 SPP
Axel Blaze Jr., Elf Blitzer, 182 SPP
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

To be correct you should have said "Tiny Little Steel Hammer Runner"... Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

lol; nah, he's still a Dwarf; the team might be listed seperately, but that's because I'm hoping to gain a list of teams that do well in tourney's against other teams, and (especially the skink) changes the Hammers a lot and won't really help statistical analysis. John Little by himself though is just an (awesome) Dwarf legend.
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, it's a stat junkie's dream! Good work!!!

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying - question is, what else might be interesting? I'd like to put down what each win came from (dicing, one turning, bashing, position, overtime coin toss, over-overtime coin flip, a truly key failed roll(s), etc), but I'm not sure if I could actually figure that out with any accuracy.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

John Little indeed is and he certainly has to die - or retire - since my Monsters cannot win in a couple of top lists as long as he's around!

Edit:
Good thing my Monsters are not around, you might have wanted to list them seperately as well otherwise. Because they suck much more than the average dwarven team. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd let you make that call; Azure has to be listed seperately, but since your difference is by choice, you would be listed seperately by choice. I'd probably label you 'Stout Elves'
zakatan

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Additionally, I will be keeping track of the highest TV still in the tournament (2430 Lizardmen now that the 2770 Sexy Ogres are out), and the lowest TV in the tournament (1490, the same pro elves that kicked the Sexy Ogres out).

Have to say that kicking the sexy ogres from a tournament has a price...
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2012 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Another update:

After today's forfeits, Calib, legendary Chaos Dwarf Blocker is out of the tournament, without even trying a match. Further, with Schlumpen knocked out by Killpurplegoo, 2 more legendary players are gone.

That leaves 11 legendary players in the tournament!

With only one game given an extension for round 1, we give an update on species still in the match:

Tiny Steel Hammers: 1, Amazon: 2, Elf: 2, High Elf: 2, Norse: 2, Necromantic: 2, Dwarf: 4, Slann: 2, Vampire: 2, Ogre: 1 Nurgle: 1, Human: 1, Lizardman: 3, Wood Elf: 4, Dark Elf: 2, Undead: 3, Chaos Dwarf: 2, Skaven: 6, Chaos: 7, Orc: 7

In an interesting turn of events, only 2 dark elves and 2 chaos dwarves are still in the running - but 1 grandfathered Ogre team managed to get past the opening rounds! Skaven, Chaos and Orcs all still have heavy presences in the tournament, but most other species are wondering if they can make it through; except Dwarves! All 4 (5 if you count the mutated Hammers) of the Dorfs who entered the tournament are still in the running!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2012 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Go, dwarves! \o/

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2012 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Another interesting tidbit, which partially shows the randomness of the draws, and partially shows that no team is truly overpowered as a species:

Of the 69 games played so far, only twice have the same species beaten the same species: Orcs beat Skaven thrice, and lizardmen beat humans twice (interestingly, the same lizardman team, which has only played humans in this tournament.)
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2012 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I call BS on Nirvana's stats as related to Humans..."we" got the NUFFLE rim job during the LC and scoff at all of this...I proceed to kick dirt, spit a wad of tobacco and cry foul at the injustice that the LC delivered on Humanity.